Search for more jobs
* Job: 19975-MCAR
* Location: US-MA-Natick
* Department: Product Development
Develop new technologies working with autonomous UAVs. Expand capabilities in areas such as aerial motion planning, mission planning, post-flight analysis, as well as UAV modeling and simulation. Test these algorithms on simulated and physical UAVs and develop communication interfaces to autopilots and ground control software. Work closely with the team to identify trends in UAV technology and government regulations to develop leading-edge product capabilities.
* Develop libraries for UAV algorithms such as aerial motion planning, mission planning, post-flight analysis, state estimation, localization, mapping, SLAM, as well as UAV modeling and simulation
* Test algorithms with simulated and physical UAVs
* Develop communication interfaces to popular drones and autopilots, such as DJI, PX4, and MAVLink
* Investigate and incorporate third-party libraries and tools
* Participate in all stages of design, implementation, testing, and product release
* Keep up to date on the fast-moving UAV and robotics technology landscape
* Demonstrate product capabilities to academic and commercial customers and incorporate their feedback
* A bachelor's degree and 5 years of professional work experience (or a master's degree) is required.
* Experience with C++
* Experience with MATLAB or Simulink
* Familiarity with state-of-the-art approaches to aerial motion planning, mission planning, post-flight analysis, state estimation, localization, mapping, SLAM, and UAV modeling for different configurations such as fixed-wing, multirotor, and VTOL
* Experience with object-oriented design and programming in C++
* Excellent written, verbal, and interpersonal skills
Nice to have:
* Experience with physical UAV platforms such as DJI, Parrot, and Ascending Technologies
* Familiarity with common UAV autopilot and ground control software, such as PX4, Ardupilot, MAVLink, and QGroundControl
* Experience with integrating external libraries into MATLAB
* Familiarity with ROS (Robot Operating System), Gazebo, and V-Rep
It's the chance to collaborate with bright, passionate people. It's contributing to software products that make a difference in the world. And it's being part of a company with an incredible commitment to doing the right thing - for each individual, our customers, and the local community.
MathWorks develops MATLAB and Simulink, the leading technical computing software used by engineers and scientists. The company employs 4000 people in 16 countries, with headquarters in Natick, Massachusetts, U.S.A. MathWorks is privately held and has been profitable every year since its founding in 1984.
MathWorks is a developer of mathematical computing software for engineers and scientists.