The Department of State, Bureau of Information Resource Management (IRM) Telecommunications, Wireless, and Data (TWD) Division provides its users with mission critical domestic LAN/WAN data services across multiple locations in the DC Metro Area and remote locations.
In support of these services, the TWD Scheduler/Planner with a team of project managers and engineers who support Special Projects and small project engineering initiatives (Telecommunications Service Requests - TSRs).
Responsible for supporting a team of 10+ project managers with planning and scheduling various projects and level of effort workloads. Gathers and analyzes information to plan materials, resource requirements and estimates to complete. Assists with the creation and maintenance of MS Project-based plans and schedules, and creates status reports on milestones and project status for internal and external stakeholders. Ensures that the assignment and scheduling of work follows Department of State and Vanguard policies. Provides assistance and consulting to project team members to ensure that milestones and deadlines are tracked and met. Evaluates current procedures and recommends changes to improve the efficiency of planning and scheduling of projects and engineering efforts. Relies on extensive experience and judgment to plan and accomplish goals. Provides inputs to capacity management analysis.
Description of Duties:
* Coordinate all planning and status of activities within the organization including
* Assist managers to develop planning and work packages
* Assist PM's with gathering milestone updates on a weekly basis
* Assist managers with corrective action
* Assist with variance reporting as directed
* Assist customer in formulating new IT initiatives using the government-provided, MS Project based scheduling tool (iSchedule).
* Utilize methods to assist with planning and tracking projects utilizing Remedy, Microsoft Project, and other tools.
* Provide performance analysis on cost, and schedule performance, and the associated variance analysis as needed.
* Develop and maintain Microsoft Project-based schedules and activities.
* Interface and collaborate with team members, stakeholders and management to anticipate and manage changes to projects and levels of efforts, such as, but not limited to, technical requirements, business requirements and schedule.
* Composing technical documents such as manuals, standard operational procedures and/or guides.
* Act as a liaison between departmental end users, stakeholders and the development team to document all required artifacts.
* BS from an accredited college or university with an emphasis in computers, information technology or telecommunications is strongly preferred
* 9 or more years of project management experience in the IT environment or additional years without a degree
* Expert with MS Project and Excel
* Ability to work with server based Enterprise Project Control tools
* Earned value management
* ITIL Intermediate module - ITIL Service Lifecycle
Current DoD Secret clearance required.
SAIC is a premier technology integrator, solving our nation's most complex modernization and systems engineering challenges across the defense, space, federal civilian, and intelligence markets. Our robust portfolio of offerings includes high-end solutions in systems engineering and integration; enterprise IT, including cloud services; cyber; software; advanced analytics and simulation; and training. We are a team of 23,000 strong driven by mission, united purpose, and inspired by opportunity. Headquartered in Reston, Virginia, SAIC has annual revenues of approximately $6.5 billion. For more information, visit saic.com. For information on the benefits SAIC offers, see Working at SAIC. EOE AA M/F/Vet/Disability