Tumblr launched in 2007 with the belief that people need a place to say what they want, be who they want, and connect over what they love. We continue to build out Tumblr as a platform for free expression, individuality, and human connection. That's why we need smart, humble, funny people to keep Tumblr growing. We're big enough to give you the resources you need and still small enough that you can work on things that matter. Come work with us.
Tumblr's Security Engineering Team is looking for a well-versed engineer and researcher with strong technical instincts who's ready to take ownership of entire features in our code base. You'll work on both the theory and operations of Tumblr security, helping us maintain our liberal content policy and defending our app and infrastructure from attackers.
Tumblr's headquarters are located in New York; however, the Senior Security Engineer can work remotely with infrequent travel to the office.
What you'll do:
* Safeguard our codebase
* Static and dynamic analysis of the full stack
* Integrate security tools into our stack for other engineers to utilize
* Bring security education to the forefront
* Detect and prevent potential threats
* Protect our infrastructure
* Adaptively enhance our monitoring for potential threats
* Plan and engage in regular security assessments such as penetration tests
* Implement and maintain security tools
* Secure our users
* Build and maintain features that bring peace of mind to Tumblr's users
What we're looking for:
* Experience with products that rely on architecture beyond the basic LAMP stack
* A proven track record in driving new ideas from start to finish
* Knowledge of web, mobile and infrastructure security domains
* Skill in spotting security risks in proposed architecture and network designs
* Understanding of applied cryptography
* Equal willingness to learn and teach
* Deep understanding of Tumblr's features
Tools we like:
* MySQL and Memcached taken to their furthest extent
* Varnish, OpenResty, NodeJS
* Docker, Kubernetes, OpenStack
* Security tools such as Nessus, Burp Suite, and Wireshark
Oath is proud to be an equal opportunity workplace. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to, and will not be discriminated against based on, age, race, gender, color, religion, national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity, veteran status, disability or any other protected category. Oath is dedicated to providing an accessible environment for all candidates during the application process and for employees during their employment. Please let us know if you need a reasonable accommodation to apply for a job or participate in the application process.
Currently work for Oath? Please apply on our internal career site.
About Verizon Media
Verizon Media (formerly Oath) is a company operating media, technology, and communication brands.