Traveling Cisco Network Engineer based out of Chicago Area
Addison, IL, US
Requisition Number: 72549
Insight is seeking a Traveling Cisco Network Engineer based in the Chicago area for a very exciting opportunity with one of our top Cruise Line clients! This is a 12 month contract to hire. Candidate must be commutable to the Chicago area and flexible to travel 75% to other shipyards around the country as needed. Highly desire candidates with Cruise Ship Network experience. This position is on land (Dry Dock), working on multi ships as needed.
What you will do:
Working on Cruise Ship network refresh and upgrades. This will be a couple of weeks on client's dry dock site in Chicago, then traveling for a couple of weeks to client's other ship yard sites around the country. This is a very large project, W2 contract, offering great salary and health benefits. We offer 100% covered travel expenses, you will be traveling to various US locations as needed.
What you will need:
* Preferred Cisco Certification or equivalent.
* Preferred Cruise Ship Network Experience.
* 4+ years of implementing, and operating networks
* Cisco Wireless experience.
* Solid understanding of Cisco routing/switches.
* Good network design and troubleshooting experience
* Domain Name Service (DNS) configuration and administration a plus.
* Troubleshoots network problems.
* Strong VLAN, SVLAN, IP sub-netting knowledge and understanding.
* Monitoring, alerting, logging and error checking of LANWAN devices.
The position described above provides a summary of some the job duties required and what it would be like to work at Insight. For a comprehensive list of physical demands and work environment for this position, click here.
Today, every business is a technology business. Insight Enterprises, Inc. empowers organizations of all sizes with Insight Intelligent Technology Solutions™ and services to maximize the business value of IT. As a Fortune 500-ranked global provider of digital innovation, cloud/data center transformation, connected workforce, and supply chain optimization solutions and services, we help clients successfully manage their IT today while transforming for tomorrow. From IT strategy and design to implementation and management, our 6,800 employees help clients innovate and optimize their operations to run smarter. Discover more at insight.com.
* Global provider of Intelligent Technology Solutions™ for organizations of all sizes
* Ranked #417 on the 2018 Fortune 500, #12 on the CRN Solution Provider 500
* Founded in 1988 in Tempe, Arizona; now celebrating our 30th anniversary and operating in 20 countries
* $6.7 billion in revenue for 2017
* 8,000+ teammates worldwide working with 5,300+ partners
* 2017 Arizona's Most Admired Companies (AZ Business Magazine), #7 2017 Best Places to Work (Phoenix Business Journal)
* 2018 Dell EMC Server Partner of the Year, 2018 Intel Retail Solution Partner of the Year, 2018 IBM Geography Excellence Award as the Top National Strategic Business Partner in North America, Microsoft's largest global partner
Today's talent leads tomorrow's success. Learn about careers at Insight: jobs.insight.com.
Insight is an equal opportunity employer, and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, national origin, disability status, protected veteran status, sexual orientation or any other characteristic protected by law.
Posting Notes: [[Chicago ]] || [[IL]] || [[USA]] || [[#LI-US]] || None || US - Chicago, IL ||
Nearest Major Market: Chicago
Job Segment: Network, Cisco, Developer, Network Engineer, Engineer, Technology, Engineering