Virtuoso is the leading international travel agency network specializing in luxury and experiential travel. The by-invitation only organization comprises over 1,000 travel agency locations with 20,000 elite travel advisors in over 50 countries through North America, Latin America, the Caribbean, Europe, Asia-Pacific, Africa and the Middle East. Drawing upon its preferred relationships with over 1,800 of the world's best hotels and resorts, cruise lines, airlines, tour companies and premier destinations, the network provides its upscale clientele with exclusive amenities, rare experiences and privileged access.
Position Summary: The Travel Technology Implementation Specialist position supports and is responsible for the implementation and maintenance of system and processing activities for the Enterprise Services and Virtuoso Air departments.
This position is focused primarily on automation rule creation, GDS scripting creation and maintenance, and feature design, implementation, and support of the following third-party application functionality: Duty of Care/Travel Risk Management, Automation/rules engines, mid-office processing and automation, and additional GDS functionality for Sabre, Amadeus, and/or Apollo.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities include the following. Other duties may be assigned.
* Offer technical direction and work with the implementation team to ensure new systems, services, and offerings are implemented accurately.
* Collaborate with the team to determine the correct processes to support implementation activities.
* Drive requirements and ensure implementation activities support those requirements.
* Design, implement, test, and maintain rules and processes within the airline automated ticketing platform.
* Design, implement, test, and maintain GDS scripts and other GDS components/add-ons to benefit the overall team.
* Collaborate and cooperate with the Enterprise Services and Virtuoso Air department management to define and develop requirements and processes to best utilize the technology platforms available.
* Create ad hoc and automated reports to support the department based on the following:
* Airline back-end tracking based on current volume and contract terms.
* Requests from various Virtuoso staff members, including the Regional Directors, member agencies, and Virtuoso Air suppliers.
* Weekly ARC sales that drive budgets and forecasts for future sales.
Educational and Skills Requirements:
* High School diploma required; technical oriented bachelor's degree preferred
* Must have strong working technical knowledge of travel related toolsets including Sabre, Amadeus, Apollo, iQCX, Cornerstone, and others.
* Travel agency and/or airline/airline contract experience preferred.
* Excellent organizational, written and verbal skills
* Ability to multitask, prioritize, and problem solve in a deadline driven environment
* Strong interpersonal and customer service skills
* Proficiency in MSWord, MSExcel, PowerPoint, Outlook required
Type/Nature of Contacts:
External: Daily contact with vendors, partners, and members.
Internal: Daily contact with Virtuoso staff.
Virtuoso offers a competitive salary and full benefits package, including medical/dental/vision/life, a company matched 401(k) savings plan, and more. Virtuoso is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to promoting a diverse workforce.
Virtuoso is the industry's leading luxury travel network. Our Advisors have access to exclusive travel offers and experiences that you can't get on your own.