About the Opportunity
At Pitney Bowes, we do the right thing, the right way.
As a Transportation Network Engineer for Pitney Bowes, you can too.
We have amazing people who are the driving force, the inspiration, and foundation of our company. Our thriving culture can be broken down into four components: Client. Team. Win. Innovate.
As a Transportation Network Engineer at Pitney Bowes you will provide operational and financial analysis for new and existing business impacting Pitney Bowes transportation networks. The role will support business unit leaders within Transportation, Operations, Finance, Sales, Account Management, & Postal teams to achieve internal growth & performance initiatives. The ideal candidate will be an agent of change, leading the research, development, and implementation of improved network designs, processes/procedures, & best practices and determine areas for process improvement and efficiencies to increase revenue and maximize profits
* A passionate leader who can derive client insights, influence and collaborate with a variety of internal/external teams for both existing and new products.
* High performing, team driven, and have a keen sense for customer service and client relationship building.
* A successful candidate will have major account client facing experience, excellent business acumen with strong interpersonal and presentation skills.
* Possess strong organizational, collaboration, and communication skills with the ability to take initiative to complete complex tasks and projects quickly and autonomously.
* You are a strategic forward thinker who acts with purposefulness and speed and is committed to championing new ideas, strategies or concepts, to ensure projects reach a successful launch.
* Strive to exceed expectations.
* Move boldly in the quest for superior and best in market solutions.
Build. Deploy. Bridge. Grow.
* Develop program metrics and reporting in partnership with Business Insights team, and communicate results to upper management as required.
* Conduct impact analysis, assess change readiness, and identify key stakeholders.
* Through Data Collection & Analysis, assemble data from varied sources into formats appropriate for the specific operations and financial analysis
* Provide new sales/pricing support through use of internal network pricing modeling to generate transportation expense for prospective clients in support of new sales generation
* Assist with the creation of the Cost of Service forecast for annual operating budget and strategic plans, perform sensitive analyses to quantify opportunities and mitigate risk.
* Perform root cause analysis on variances from plan and present findings/solutions for consideration.
* Create optimization models to improve efficiencies and accuracy in information and transportation flow
* Assist in identifying, developing, implementing process changes to support integration initiatives in procurement & implementation of new tools and operating procedures
* Head projects involving cross-functional personnel groups to support internal/external clients and present findings via reporting/verbal presentation to key stakeholders.
* Provide the opportunity to grow and develop your career
* Offer an inclusive environment that encourages diverse perspectives and ideas
* Deliver challenging and unique opportunities to contribute to the success of a transforming organization
* Offer comprehensive benefits globally (pbprojectliving.com)
* Bachelor's degree in Transportation/Logistics/Industrial Engineering/Operations Research, Business Intelligence, Computer Information Systems, Finance or related field. (Master's degree preferred.)
* 2-3 years of experience in Transportation/Logistics/Industrial Engineering/Operations Research Data Management, Business Analysis, or Finance or related field
* Strong organizational skills in order to manage multiple resources, exercise good effective time management and prioritizing skills and meet critical deadlines on tasks, commitments, and reporting.
* Mastery of the Microsoft Office Suite including Access, Excel, Word & PowerPoint with proficiency in the use of Microsoft SQL queries & PowerBi.
* Knowledge of data models ServicePower, SeviceMax, SAP, Salesforce, Oracle, SQL databases, architectures, and queries.
* Experience with project management tools, .NET, Windows Azure IaaS and SaaS preferred
* Outstanding written and verbal English communication skills.
* Solid understanding of database structures and comfortable handling large amount of data
About Pitney Bowes
Pitney Bowes is a provider of shipping and mailing products, location intelligence, customer engagement, and eCommerce solutions.