Jpmorgan Chase & Co.
Transformation Project Manager
Req #: 190016059
Location: Brooklyn, NY, US
Job Category: Project Management
The CIB Operations Transformation Program is a strategic, organization-wide initiative leverage existing innovative activities and implement programs to achieve large scale change. The program is focused on improving efficiency, scalability and operational leverage across D&PS by executing a coordinated and cross-D&PS transformation strategy. The team has a global footprint that supports coverage on engagements. The team is made up of ex-consultants (internal and external to JP Morgan) and industry practitioners who bring to bear a unique mix of process re-engineering, functional expertise and consulting skills.
The candidate joining our group will be expected to participate in high-impact strategic initiatives with senior leadership visibility. These engagements fall into 2 categories; Front-to-back efficiency reviews where the focus is on business levers that impact cost base, simplification of operating model, and standardizing and consolidating key activities; Or Creation of cross businesses strategy where the focus is to develop strategy across Business, Technology, Operations and internal and/or external Client offering for rendering of specific services.
You will be presented with opportunities to own or participate in individual work streams of specific business engagements; from assessment through articulation of recommendations and possibly execution. You will also have the chance to work closely with other members of the team to hone your strategic consulting, project management, analysis and presentation skills.
The role and responsibilities of Associate within Operations Transformation Program will include the
* Business Analysis - Ability to get into details and develop a fundamental understanding of a particular business, process implications and potential issues across work streams and across strategic/ legacy applications
* Project Management - Good understanding of Project Management principles and ability to run smaller scale projects on own.
* Partnership - Partner with key business, operations, project and technology representatives across regions in order to develop hypothesis and provide recommendation and strategic plans.
* Process Reengineering - Definition of future state business process to ensure consistency and gain maximum benefit from technology deliveries.
* Challenge the Status Quo - Review and develop impact analysis of technology delivery & process improvements to drive Operational efficiencies. Ability to influence direction using relevant data analysis.
* Leadership - Become a key leader in building and maintaining global relationships with stakeholder groups
* Team Play - Facilitate/Participate in cross-stream activities to understand impact and dependencies.
* Governance - Participate in critical governance meetings such as Project Working Group meetings as well as Compilation of project reporting.
* Multitasking - Manage individual tasks and certain business analysis to successful completion.
* Manage Change - Ability to work in an ever changing environment and adapt quickly.
* Commercial Mindset - Ability to see opportunities for establishing Market Utilities or generation of revenue
* In-depth knowledge of Investment Banking and multiple asset classes a plus
* Degree educated with 3+ years banking experience in consulting, business management, product development or investment banking
* Solid understanding of technology architecture and/or Operational Processes required.
* Leverage subject matter expertise in driving conversations and/or influencing decisions/direction with Business and Technology
* Strong attention to detail and delivery track record
* Strong partnership record and ability to build effective business relationships
* Knowledge and application of successful business analysis tools and practices with practical experience a plus.
* Ability to troubleshoot and strong analytical skills required
* Ability to organize, prioritize and manage personal work
* Effective change management skills. Ability to support & adopt within a changing environment.
* Excellent communication, presentation (both oral and written) & influencing skills
* Ability to work independently or work in group setting
* Ability to develop and facilitate executive level presentations
* Ability to understand and leverage systems/ tools quickly and efficiently
* Owns and contributes to activities both within and outside direct remit
* Commercial mindset
This role provides an excellent platform to be involved in senior leadership transformation agenda across Markets Operations, Banking Operations, and Technology.
About Jpmorgan Chase & Co.
JP Morgan Chase is a financial services provider that offers investment banking, asset management, treasury, and other services.