Transformation & Innovation: Software Engineer
Req #: 190062374
Location: New York, NY, US
Job Category: Technology
Our Global Technology Infrastructure group is a team rewarded with innovators who love technology as much as you do. Together, you'll use a disciplined, innovative and a business focused approach to develop a wide variety of high-quality products and solutions. You'll work in a stable, resilient and secure operating environment where you-and the products you deliver-will thrive.
In launching your career in our Software Engineering Group we look first and foremost for people who are passionate around solving business problems through innovation & engineering practices. You will be required to apply your depth of knowledge and expertise to all aspects of the software development lifecycle, as well as partner continuously with your many stakeholders on a daily basis to stay focused on common goals. We embrace a culture of experimentation and constantly strive for improvement and learning. You'll work in a collaborative, trusting, thought-provoking environment-one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally.
As part of the End User Services Innovation team you will be responsible for delivering disruptive technology solutiative, trusting, thought-provoking environment-one that encourages diversity of thought and creative solutions that are in the best interests of our customers globally. ons that connect, enable and inspire the workforce of JP Morgan Chase (JPMC). As such, a passion and ability to connect with users day to day challenges and deliver rapid prototypes is key.You will join a small, co-located, agile team that will set the bar for Engineering Practices, Team Culture and Delivery. You will bring a disciplined approach to engineering, a passion for collaborating and a technical curiosity inside and outside of work. You will be expected to share your team's work across the organization so strong communication skills are key.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
* Advanced knowledge of application, data and infrastructure architecture disciplines
* Understanding of architecture and design across all systems
* Working proficiency in developmental toolsets
* Ability to collaborate with high-performing teams and individuals throughout the firm to accomplish common goals
* Understanding of software skills such as business analysis, development, maintenance and software improvement
* A foundational knowledge and a passion for Security standards within Engineering
* Technical curiosity, always have one eye on new market innovations and an interest in exploring how these may benefit the workplace.
* Empathy with your users and your colleagues; an ability to communicate, listen and understand their challenges
* A growth mindset; a proactive approach to giving and receiving feedback in order to accelerate learning and improvement towards high team performance.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 20 technology centers worldwide, our team of 50,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $10B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will are transforming the financial services industry.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
About JPMorgan Chase
JP Morgan Chase is a financial services provider that offers investment banking, asset management, treasury, and other services.