Who We Are:
Waukegan Community Unit School District No. 60 serves nearly 17,000 students in preschool through grade 12 and is located 40 miles from Chicago, Illinois and 55 miles from Milwaukee, Wisconsin on the shores of Lake Michigan. The District has one early learning center, 15 elementary schools, five middle schools and a high school program divided between two 9th - 12th grade campuses. The District encompasses portions of Waukegan, Beach Park and Park City.
Why We Do This Work:
The Waukegan Community Unit School District No. 60 has set an ambitious agenda for change, guided by the belief that all children, regardless of circumstances, can achieve at high levels and academic gaps can and will be eliminated with the support of teachers who deliver engaging, relevant, and academically rigorous instruction that excites students and instills a love of learning in them.
What We Need:
GENERAL DUTIES :
Develop and schedule training related to all technical and software aspects of technology. Manage the calendar, location, and logistics of all training activities. Assist in the development, maintenance of and keep current all online training content. Perform a variety of tasks assigned by the Associate Superintendent of Information Technology Services related to the positive and efficient operation of the I.T.S. Department. Directly responsible to the Manager of Applications and Data Analytics for the Information Technology Services Department and indirectly to the Associate Superintendent for Information Technology Services.
SPECIFIC Duties :
* Develop training curriculum related to the operation of software's used in the district (ERP system, SIS system, Internal Web Based systems, District email, helpdesk etc.)
* Administer staff surveys to determine training needs and to receive training feedback.
* Provide support for other department members who are delivering training classes.
* Organize, provide, develop, implement, and maintain training materials (videos, documents etc) for the district used systems as directed by ITS leadership.
* Attend training seminars and classes to improve personal knowledge and enhance training opportunities for staff members in WPS #60.
* Takes initiative in developing and documenting all materials necessary for existing and new project implementation.
* Maintain records of all technology-related training records.
* Assist in training for all district schools and departments for the efficient functioning of the ERP data system.
* Acquire knowledge and skills to provide backup support to Help Desk and CIMS ERP technical specialists.
* Manage calendar of trainings for the district and schedule for the training room.
* Monitor and manage the parent portal access email account for district SIS, work with buildings to mass distribute portal letters for parents, manage the building secretary access to the portal reset tool.
* Assist with district mass mailings (report cards, community communication etc.) as needed.
* Assist with emergency switchboard coverage, video production backup (Kickoff, Bonfire, Graduation etc) as needed.
* Required to attend district "WIN" trainer meetings and provide support and training to district "WIN" trainer group, which works as a bridge to communicate with our WPS60 teacher staff.
* Serve and collaborate with the office of teaching and learning to help organize and perform training during "Great Beginnings" for all new hires (Teacher and Staff).
* Travel to buildings as necessary for training.
* Other job related duties as assigned.
* Communicate positively and effectively with a wide variety of district employees;
* Acquire and maintain current knowledge of the support policies, district software, district systems, and a system of resources necessary for the efficient and effective accomplishment of duties;
* Maintain confidentiality of ALL records and information within the I.T.S. department.
* Commitment to the belief that all children, regardless of circumstances, can achieve at high levels
* Excellent communication, organizational, computer and professional interpersonal skills with a strong customer service orientation
* Proficient in Microsoft Office Suite and Google Docs.
* Preferred experience with database, word processing, and spreadsheet Software.
* Preferred working knowledge of various operating systems including
* OS/400, Mac, and Windows
* Ability to care for minute details and editing skills to ensure reliable and accurate results, verifying information for accuracy
* Demonstrated ability to multitask effectively and prioritize strategically
* Maintain highest level of confidentiality at all times
* 45 wpm typing skills and ability to pass the skills test
* High School diploma
Salary : WPSS Contract SP
Application Deadline: Candidates must submit a written application by the closing date.
Only online applications will be considered for interviews.
Waukegan Community Unit School District 60 offers employment opportunities without regard to age, gender, race, color, national origin,
religion, marital or military/veteran status, sexual orientation, pregnancy, parental status, genetics or disability.