What you'll be doing...
We constantly seek to enhance the customer experience with our innovative technologies and world-class service. That's where you come in. You'll determine the need for additional circuits, initiate orders and coordinate testing and turn up services with all involved providers to ensure that customers' issues are resolved faster and more efficiently. Your role will involve maintaining our new and existing circuits using various tools to avoid customer call blockage.
* Maintaining backbones and network-to-network interfaces.
* Analyzing reports to determine whether additional circuits are required.
* Monitoring installation and maintenance of circuits working closely with local partners and global network operations centers to resolve customer blockage.
* Maintaining the Domestic Local Network switches.
What we're looking for...
As an independent thinker, you enjoy applying theories, concepts, and technologies to solve complex network challenges. You have strong relationship building skills and work well with diverse teams. You're known for your excellent communication skills and ability to convey difficult technical information in a way that everyone can understand. No stranger to a fast-paced, dynamic, high demand 24x7 network operations environment, you can juggle competing priorities and keep a laser-sharp focus on deliverables and timelines.
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Four or more years of relevant work experience.
* Experience in the telecommunications industry.
Even better if you have:
* A degree
* Four or more years of relevant experience preferably Traffic Engineering.
* Willingness to work on weekends and holidays.
* Ability to gather user requirements to improve existing tools.
* Excellent organizational skills.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications (formerly Bell Atlantic) is a company providing communications, information, and entertainment products and services.