Jpmorgan Chase & Co.
Trading Software Engineer
Req #: 190036924
Location: Plano, TX, US
Job Category: Technology
At J.P. Morgan Securities, clients benefit from the best of both worlds: the personalized service of a boutique organization and the global resources of one of the largest and most respected financial firms in the world. Our small size and broad scope allow us to customize solutions tailored to clients' specific needs. Our boutique approach is accentuated by:
Customized Solutions: We work closely with clients to create customized solutions that meet their specific needs. Our robust product platform includes highly-regarded J.P. Morgan products as well as what we believe to be best-in-class investment products from outside asset managers.
Exceptional Access to Industry Experts: Each of our Financial Advisors has direct access to senior management and J.P. Morgan's industry-leading experts. Our clients benefit from real-time investment expertise and wealth management specialists.
Specialization: Our Financial Advisors offer specialized expertise-whether it's working with clients who have distinct needs or providing focused investment solutions.
* Development and implementation of software solutions in partnership with several key third-party vendors.
* Interfacing with Business partners to define and understand platform requirements
* Translation of platform requirements into solutions and realistic workflows in partnership with all groups affected
* Partnering with internal technology groups on technology uplift initiatives
* Triage issues with various middle office/support teams (BAU Support)
* Interface with the Application Service Delivery teams for deployments and production support.
* Running ad hoc reports for the business.
J.P. Morgan offers expertise across wealth management disciplines to help clients advance towards their goals. By consistently keeping our clients informed, focusing on risk-adjusted returns and rapidly adjusting to tactical opportunities and risks, we stand by our clients through market cycles. J.P. Morgan's wealth management solutions are provided through the Private Bank and J.P. Morgan Securities Corporation.
J.P. Morgan is a global leader in asset and wealth management services. The Asset Management line of business serves institutional, ultra high net worth, high net worth and retail clients through its Wealth Management business. With client assets of $2.4 trillion and assets under management of $1.7 trillion, we are one of the largest asset and wealth managers in the world.
* Bachelor's Degree with 7+ years of experience in software development
* Demonstrated design & delivery of software with a "Client First" perspective
* Prior experience working at a large tier global financial institution
* Excellent analytical and communication skills with the ability to communicate complex issues in an easy to understand manner
* Creative problem solver and solution developer when presented with conflicting requirements, business demands and technical risks/issues
* Hands on experience with vendor based portfolio management platforms, electronic trading, and pre/post-trade compliance modules (Long View Trading System - LVTS - preferred; Envestnet, Charles River)
* Thorough understanding of trading products such as equities, ETFs, options, and Mutual Funds
* Strong database experience (SQL Server, Sybase and/or DB2)
* Hands on experience with Windows Server
* Hands on experience with Linux shell scripting
* Hands on experience with ASP.NET
* Experience with supporting web based financial platforms at a large financial institution
* Understanding of the Private Banking and/or the Wealth Management business
* Understanding of Managed/Discretionary Products
* Agile project management (JIRA)
* Hands on experience with Job scheduler (Autosys, Control M, etc)
* Hands on experience with FIX messaging
About Jpmorgan Chase & Co.
JP Morgan Chase is a financial services provider that offers investment banking, asset management, treasury, and other services.