The Buildings & Infrastructure Line of Business is a global network of employees, which serves both the private and public sector. Our employees work to shape the communities we live in by creating world-class projects that transform the future development patterns of those communities. We provide our clients award-winning planning, engineering, architectural and interior design, construction and program management, and design-build project delivery. The Jacobs business model allows us to successfully service our clients, leverage our integrated services, and provide our employees with growth opportunities while delivering global solutions to our client's local programs.
We consistently receive high rankings from Engineering News-Record (ENR) in many classifications, including the categories of Top Design Firms, Top Contractors, Top Green Buildings Design Firms, and Top Transportation Companies.
Overall work efforts and responsibilities will involve providing both technical and project management support to a variety of public and private clients throughout North America. Efforts will include varying levels of support related to overall project planning, project development, procurement support, implementation oversight, ongoing performance monitoring, and operational oversight of tolling systems and services. Additional responsibilities include business development, client outreach, proposal preparation support, and other general marketing efforts.
Suitable candidates shall have strong demonstrated experience in supporting management and business systems, processes or services. Qualified candidates shall have a depth of experience in project oversight including technical expertise, project management skills, vendor oversight, project scheduling and budget tracking. Candidates will also have demonstrated experience in direct client interaction and the ability to foster client relationships.
Work assignments may require up to 50% travel to support these work efforts.
* Demonstrated experience managing a variety of ongoing assignments, deliverables and ad hoc requests.
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills for documentation development and management, as well as client communications and managing customer expectations.
* Excellent written and verbal communications skills for providing clear and logical thought processes to effectively support a diverse team of professionals.
* Experience with project management fundamentals and building client relationships. Duties shall include ability to maintain, manage and foster client relationships.
* Experience in managing client relationships by recognizing and addressing client needs and expectations.
* Ability to deliver task and project assignments within expected timeframes, budget and level of quality expected by the client.
* Conduct analyses of business and customer needs, document requirements and processes, develop reporting, analytic and information solutions, financial analysis, auditing, and budgeting.
* Conduct risk assessments, issue tracking, and mitigation on implementation projects.
* Assist in resolving any design, operational and maintenance issues with various vendors.
* Track and resolve issues that arise during a project implementation including issues related to: schedule; functionality; technical performance; meeting of requirements; coordination with tolling systems; coordination with tolling vendors; and coordination with third-party service providers.
* Establish and maintain effective written and verbal communications with client staff, consultants and contractors to ensure project success.
* Minimum 7 years of project management experience in a technical, audit or other related field.
* Must be proficient with Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, PowerPoint). Experience with Microsoft Project, Microsoft SharePoint, and Microsoft Teams is also preferred.
* Technical experience with SAP systems is preferred.
* Demonstrated self-starter with a proactive approach.
* Ability to work effectively, independently, and in a team environment and provide effective client support in a rapidly evolving environment.
* References - At least 3 references from within the last 10 years who can speak to the candidates' professional abilities.
At Jacobs, we help prepare people for new opportunities and challenges. With positions at every level, openings in multiple disciplines, expertise in a range of markets and offices around the globe, we create an environment where you can learn, grow, and thrive. From our competitive benefits program to our Health and Safety initiative of Beyond Zero workplace injuries, we believe that you'll find a flourishing career here at Jacobs.
Jacobs Engineering is a provider of technical, consulting, and scientific services for the government and private sector.