US military forces and government officials count on Viasat for secure satellite and wireless networking systems and services that deliver reliable, affordable fixed and mobile communications beyond the reach of traditional wired networks. Viasat enables VIP executive government customers to access and share real-time trusted intelligence from any location, to make better decisions faster. As the world's leading experts in high-capacity satellite communications, military-grade cybersecurity, and line-of-sight data links, we apply fearless innovation, unconventional thinking, and ingenuity to bring game-changing, life-saving capabilities to warfighters on the battlefield. no matter where the mission goes across air, land, or sea, Viasat keeps leaders from the highest executive levels of our government connected with real-time access to video, voice, and data communications.
Enhancing communication all around the globe our customers range from Commercial to Government making us complex, yet flexible in meeting the world's communication needs. Be part of the Viasat Government Care Operations Center team where you will work hand-in-hand with our government customers to provide practical solutions to difficult communications problems through our secure networking solutions for satellite and terrestrial communications applications.
As part of this fast-paced Government Care Center Operations team, you will get to work with cutting edge technology on a daily basis as you directly support our VIP customers to troubleshoot complex hardware, software, networking, and configurations issues. Using your keen technical analysis skills and quick on-your-feet adeptness, you will perform proactive maintenance as well as deploy new systems and features across the globe. You are a problem solver with sharp attention to detail and the ability to create a paper trail for others to follow. Your technical skills allow you to resolve issues that puzzle others, with timely response times and quality solutions.
* 4+ years experience providing customer support, performing maintenance and monitoring in a Network/Technical Operations (noC) center environment
* Strong understanding of networking, internet and UNIX systems administration
* Expertise in resolving escalated issues with varying priority/severity
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Office, Visio and Project products
* Ability to work a variety of shifts including evenings, nights, weekends and holidays of up to 12 hours
* US Government position. US Citizenship required.
* Current US DoD Secret Clearance or willingness to apply for a secret clearance as soon as administratively feasible
* Ability and willingness to travel domestically and internationally up to 25%
* Proven experience creating Excel macros
* Configuration experience in a technical operations environment
* Associate's Degree in a technical discipline or equivalent experience
* Knowledge of the OSI model layers
* Current, active Secret level DoD security clearance
* CCNA preferred, or desire and/or willingness to obtain CCNA certification within six months of employment.
* Intermediate to advanced proficiency in executing precise command strings as well as addressing and device names at NMS interfaces
To learn more about this site and other office locations, please click here!
AA/AS or equivalent experience
Years of experience:
Up to 25%
US Citizenship Required
Active United States Secret Clearance
Viasat is a company that offers communications products and services.