It's fun to work in a company where people truly BELIEVE in what they're doing!
We're committed to bringing passion and customer focus to the business.
Proofpoint is seeking an experienced and dynamic Senior Sales Engineer / Solutions Architect to focus on our Threat Response and Threat Intelligence platforms for Fortune 500 organizations throughout the Eastern US and Canada. This role will interact with CIO/CISO level individuals in large enterprise organizations, in addition to Incident Response/Threat Analysis teams within the Security Operations Center (SOC) for both current and prospective customers. This individual will be a major contributor to our aggressive plans regarding market share and product footprints in this space. Candidates for this role can be located in any major metropolitan area on the East Coast, USA.
* As a critical member of the Proofpoint sales team, engage with both current and prospective customers in person, by phone and/or video conference.
* Provide technical pre-sales support for both direct and channel sales teams throughout North America.
* Build rapport, trust and credibility with customers and partners, as they will rely on your expertise for the entire sales cycle..
* Deliver dynamic and exciting product demonstrations, as well as conduct technical discovery meetings to ensure a well crafted solution for each engagement.
* Expertly deploy and conduct Proof of Concept (POC) as well as production evaluations, live in customer environments
* You might, periodically, be called upon to assist in professional services deployments, technical training, and industry seminars and/or trade shows
* You will be able to provide valuable customer insight and real world experiences to Product Management, Marketing and Product Development (Engineering) teams to help keep our solutions the best in the industry.
* You will become an expert in Proofpoint Threat Response, Threat Intelligence as well as other security facets, keeping abreast of threat landscape, with one eye always on what the bad guys are up to.
* You will be helping solve one of the biggest issues to face IT in the last 20 years.
What you bring to the team
* 10+ years of experience as a sales/systems engineer, delivering complex security solutions into enterprise accounts
* Strong background in Cybersecurity including advanced threat protection, cloud security, malware protection and/or incident response.
* Advanced or expert level, hands-on, experience in SOAR (Security Orchestration, Automation and Response)
* Advanced knowledge and hands on experience with Python development language
* Knowledge of networking topology, TCP/IP protocol, network configuration and components (firewalls, routers, proxies, etc.)
* Knowledge of advanced malware detection, SIEM, and forensic tools.
* Strong technical presentation and communication skills, both verbal and written
* Must be organized, detail and process oriented
* Must be a self-starter with the ability to work independently or in a team environment
* Ability to travel up to 50%
* You enjoy working with people, and helping them solve their problems.
* Security certifications such as CISSP are strongly preferred.
* You are educated equivalent to a Bachelor in Computer Science, whether formally or not.
If you like wild growth and working with happy, enthusiastic over-achievers, you'll enjoy your career with us!
Proofpoint is a company developing security and compliance solutions.