Do you enjoy the challenge of gathering, validating, and applying high quality threat intelligence to detect and respond to sophisticated attackers? Would you like the opportunity to lead the Threat Intelligence function for our world-class Managed Detection & Response service? Are you prepared to take on today's most sophisticated attackers?
Rapid7 Managed Services operate around-the-clock to identify vulnerabilities, detect breaches, respond and investigate attacker activity, and help our customers improve their ability to deal with threats.
We are looking for an experienced Threat Intelligence manager to lead our Managed Detection & Response (MDR) threat intelligence team, located in our flagship SOC in Arlington, Virginia. Our threat intelligence team works across the incident lifecycle to build detections and identify patterns of activities to better understand an adversary's actions, expedite response, and constantly update the collective understanding of threats. In addition to leveraging this knowledge to arm our analysts and incident responders, we also provide actionable threat intelligence to Rapid7 customers in the form of security advisories and quarterly threat reports.
* Lead a team of threat intelligence analysts and detection engineers.
* Develop a roadmap and vision for Applied Threat Intelligence for our MDR service and Rapid7 more broadly.
* Work with your team to establish robust processes/procedures for managing threat intelligence and building and deploying new detection capabilities.
* Work with your team to identify and document requirements for new or improved threat intelligence tools and technology necessary to support your mission.
* Collaborate with leaders throughout the organization to evolve Rapid7 Managed Service offerings and deliver a world-class Threat Intelligence function that effectively supports the business.
* Work closely with Managed Service operations teams in all Rapid7 SOCs globally.
* Prior experience in a senior/leadership role on a Threat Intelligence team.
* Prior operational experience leveraging threat intelligence to detect and respond to adversaries.
* A strong understanding of the current threat landscape including the latest tactics, tools, and procedures, common malware variants, and effective techniques for detecting this malicious activity.
* BS/MS in Information Security (or equivalent experience).
* Team-oriented, possess a positive attitude and works well with others.
* Outstanding communication skills, both written and oral.
* Prior SOC or MSSP/MDR experience.
* Prior Red Team or Incident Response experience.
* Active contributions to the security community, including publications, conference presentations, or projects.
Let your dream job find you.
Sign up to start matching with top companies. It’s fast and free.