At Optiv, we're on a mission to help our clients make their businesses more secure. We're one of the fastest growing companies in a truly essential industry.
In your role at Optiv, you'll be inspired by a team of the brightest business and technical minds in cyber security. We are passionate champions for our clients, and know from experience that the best solutions for our clients' needs come from working hard together. As part of our team, your voice matters, and you will do important work that has impact, on people, businesses and nations. Our industry and our company move fast, and you can be sure that you will always have room to learn and grow. We're proud of our team and the important work we do to build confidence for a more connected world.
The Threat Analyst will provide intrusion/incident monitoring and detection utilizing customer provided data sources, audit and monitoring tools at the enterprise level. The Threat Analyst will work closely with our Global Capability Center and will be onsite dedicated to a single client.
In addition the Threat Analyst believes and lives the Next Generation SOC guiding principles:
* Deliver quality security outcomes
* Drive efficient and timely operations
* Actualize continual improvement and innovation
* Protect the customer
PRIMARY DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
* Actively participate in a 24x7 delivery team, which may include on-call and weekend work
* Analyze, document and report on potential security incidents identified in customer environments
* Work with partners to maintain an understanding of security threats, vulnerabilities, and exploits that could impact systems, networks, and assets
* Act as a coordinator for security events that require urgent response, containment and remediation
* Provide analysis on various security enforcement technologies including, but not limited to SIEM, anti-virus, content filtering/reporting, malware prevention, firewalls, intrusion detection systems, web application firewalls, messaging security platforms, vulnerability scanners etc.
* Perform knowledge transfers, document and train clients regarding mitigation of identified threats
* Provide ongoing recommendations to peers and customers on tuning and best practices
* Actively research current threats and attack vectors being exploited in the wild
* Other duties as assigned.
* One or more years of full-time professional experience in the Information Security field
* Experience working in a Security Operations Center (SOC), Managed Security Service (MSS), or enterprise network environment
* Excellent time management, reporting, and communication skills
* Ability to generate comprehensive written reports and recommendations
* Write professional emails
* Understanding of contemporary security architectures/devices such as firewalls, routers, switches, load balancers, remote access technologies, anti-malware, SIEM and AV
* Experience consuming Symantec MSSP services
* Experience with Symantec Endpoint Protection
* Experience with FireEye (entire suite)
* Experience with SIEM platforms preferred (ArcSight, QRadar, McAfee/Nitro, Splunk) a plus
* Experience interpreting log data from Palo Alto firewalls
* Familiarity with web based attacks, the OWASP Top 10
* Attack vectors and exploitation
* Direct (e.g. SQL Injection) versus indirect (e.g. cross-site scripting) attacks
* Familiarity with SANS top 20 critical security controls
* Understand the foundations of enterprise Windows security including Active Directory:
* Windows security architecture and terminology
* Privilege escalation techniques
* Common mitigation controls and system hardening
* Anti-Virus (AV) and Host Based Intrusion Prevention (HIPS)
* Experience in monitoring at least one commercial AV solution such as (but not limited to) McAfee/Intel, Symantec, Sophos or Trend Micro
* Ability to identify common false positives and make suggestions on tuning
* Understanding of root causes of malware and proactive mitigation
* Propagation of malware in enterprise environments
* Familiarity with web based exploit kits and the methods used
* Familiarity with concepts associated with Advanced Persistent Threats and "targeted malware"
* Experience with malware protection tools such as FireEye
* Understanding of malware mitigation controls in an enterprise environment.
* Network Based Attacks / System Based Attacks
* Denial of Service Attacks
* HTTP Based DoS Attacks
* Network Based DoS Attacks
* Brute force attacks
* Covert channels, egress and data exfiltration techniques
* Basic understanding of vulnerability assessment tools such as vulnerability scanners and exploitation frameworks
* Familiarity with vulnerability scoring systems such as CVSS
* At least one certification in Security including Security+, GSEC, GCIA, GCIH, CISSP, CISM or other security specific vendor/product certifications.
Education and Experience
* Bachelor's Degree from four-year college or university in Information Technology, Information Security/Assurance, Engineering or similar area of study; 5 years related experience and/or training; or equivalent combination of education and experience preferred.
* Demonstrated understanding of Information Security and Networking required.
* Demonstrated technical knowledge of current network security, network hardware, protocols, and standards required.
* Proven ability to make decisions and perform complex problem solving activities under pressure.
Ability to read and comprehend complex instructions, correspondence, and memos. Ability to write correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients and other employees of the organization. Strong written and verbal communication skills are a must. Ability to clearly communicate via telephone, e-mail and written.
Ability to apply commonsense understanding (understanding that a reasonable person would have) to carry out instructions furnished in written, oral, or diagram form. Ability to deal with problems involving several concrete variables in standardized situations. Ability to interpret a variety of instructions furnished in written, oral, diagram, or schedule form
Physical Demands and Work Environment
* Regular office environment with exposure to moderate noise.
* Ability to sit for extended periods of time.
* Ability to input data into computer utilizing hands to finger to tab to different fields to input data.
* Ability to answer telephone and talk and hear other party.
* Ability to view computer screen, close vision (clear vision at 20 inches or less).
* Ability to lift up to 70 pounds.
* Ability to read and comprehend complex instructions, correspondence, and memos. Ability to write correspondence. Ability to effectively present information in one-on-one and small group situations to customers, clients and other employees of the organization. Strong written and verbal communication skills are a must. Ability to clearly communicate via telephone, e-mail and written.
All your information will be kept confidential according to EEO guidelines.
Optiv provides cyber security and information security services.