Third Party Cybersecurity Risk - Emerging Industries Sr Staff (Assessor)
Req #: 17195_4
Location: Chicago, IL
Job Category: Consulting
The position will be primarily responsible for assessing the information security posture of key clients' third parties and coordinating the overall execution and delivery of assessments. The position will work within a Crowe team at a client or third party site and be responsible for leading the effort to identify key risks and information security gaps. Projects would be performed through interacting with the client's IS and Business Unit leadership, as well as the client's vendors, service providers, and partners. Specific projects may include:
* Conducting a Third Party Technology Risk Assessment
* Performing due diligence on an individual third party relationship to assess the technology risks
* Performing a site visit to a third party facility
* Assessing cloud technologies such as Software as a Service (SaaS) hosted applications, Platform as a Service (PaaS), and Infrastructure as a Service deployments (IaaS)
* Coordinating the schedules and assessments for key third party clients and overseeing all key deliverables
* Delivering high quality, thorough reports
Your Journey at Crowe Starts Here:
At Crowe, you have the opportunity to deliver innovative solutions to today's complex business issues. Crowe's accounting, consulting, and technology personnel are widely recognized for their in-depth expertise and understanding of sophisticated process frameworks and enabling technologies, along with their commitment to delivering measurable results that help clients build business value. Our focus on emerging technology solutions along with our commitment to internal career growth and exceptional client value has resulted in a firm that is routinely recognized as a "Best Place to Work." We are 75 years strong and still growing. Come grow with us!
* Bachelor's Degree and/or advanced degree with a concentration in: Data Analytics, Computer Science, Management Information Systems, or Statistics/Mathematics is required
* Information Technology and/or Cybersecurity background and/or experience, including 2-4 years IT experience with network, platform, and/or application technology
* IT experience at a leading industry public company is preferred. This might include either IT auditing or being a member of an IT or Cybersecurity team
* Experience managing multiple projects, in a fast paced environment is required
* Proven ability to learn new technologies and systems, especially through independent research and self-study
* Background in Information Security and/or willingness to learn Information Security based on a solid IT foundation
* Experience with Life Sciences organizations and Quality Management Systems (preferred, but not required)
* Any experience working with or assessing third party vendors is preferred but not required
* Willingness to obtain the Certified Information Systems Security Professional (CISSP) or Certified Information Systems Auditor (CISA) designations
* This position requires travel, primarily domestic
* Knowledge of security areas such as auditing, policy, database security, firewall design and implementation, risk analysis, identity management, access management, or web services is preferred
* Ability to communicate technical information verbally and through written documentation
* Ability to manage project schedules and client expectations
* Ability to travel an average of 30%-50% per year
ABOUT THE TEAM:
Risk Consulting is organized by both industry specializations (financial services, healthcare, public sector, GRC Technologies Integration and emerging industries) and solutions (anti-money laundering, regulatory and compliance, internal audit, cybersecurity, emerging global solutions, GRC Technologies and third party risk). Risk Consulting provides governance, risk and compliance expertise to keep clients advised of emerging trends, industry benchmarks and best practices.
At Crowe, we strongly endorse an open door policy. Our partners are approachable and accessible across the entire organization. Our team-based culture encourages partners to be in touch with our professionals and active on client projects. The partners of our company lead by example and maintain a strong two-way channel of communication with their teams. We strive to create an environment that is relaxed, fun, dynamic and fulfilling. Our team-based culture has not only resulted in successful projects, but in long lasting friendships as well. Overall, our people find their career choices to be highly rewarding and fulfilling.
HOW YOU CAN GROW:
We will nurture your talent in an inclusive culture that values diversity. You will have the chance to meet on a consistent basis with your Career Coach that will guide you in your career goals and dreams.
Crowe (www.crowe.com) is one of the largest public accounting, consulting and technology firms in the United States. Crowe uses its deep industry expertise to provide audit services to public and private entities while also helping clients reach their goals with tax, advisory, risk and performance services. Crowe is recognized by many organizations as one of the country's best places to work. Crowe serves clients worldwide as an independent member of Crowe Global, one of the largest global accounting networks in the world. The network consists of more than 200 independent accounting and advisory services firms in more than 130 countries around the world.
Visit Crowe.com and find out what it's like to work at one of the "50 Best Workplaces for New College Graduates." Crowe ranked seventh on this Fortune list, in addition to being named one of Fortune's "Top 100 Best Companies to Work For" and among Fortune's "20 Best Workplaces in Consulting & Professional Services". In these surveys, Crowe personnel attribute the following policies to making Crowe a great place to work:
Innovation: Each year, Crowe invests about two percent of firm revenue in new product development funding to develop ideas brought forward by its people. Building upon a foundation of deep industry specialization, Crowe professionals follow a detailed innovation road map to create original, practical solutions that help address their clients' biggest challenges. This process allows them to see their ideas through from start to finish.
Mobility strategy: Rolled out more than two years ago, this strategy defied the norm of the professional services industry. It allows Crowe personnel to work where they're most productive - whether that be the office, their home or elsewhere - and wear jeans while they're in the office. This policy continues to receive great reviews on annual internal employee engagement surveys.
Benefits: The firm promotes healthy living through its internal well-being portal, which allows Crowe individuals to complete wellness activities - such as exercise challenges, healthy eating, doctor visits and mindful lifestyle changes - for gift cards and health insurance premium reductions. Additionally, on top of its healthcare and retirement programs, Crowe recently expanded its paid time off policies for military leave and all new parents.
Community service: Recently acknowledged in the Fortune Best Workplaces for Giving Back list, the firm places a high priority on community service. In honor of the firm's 75th year, Crowe personnel are working toward a combined goal of 75,000 hours of volunteering, which they're well on their way to achieving. In addition, Crowe has policies in place to align its charitable contributions with the volunteer efforts of its people.