The Textile Application Expert is a member of the Large Format Printing Engineering team in the EMEA Graphic Services & Solutions Organization.
Objectives of the organization are to drive Services growth and to increase Total Customer Experience.
We are looking for a Technical Expert with strong background in the Textile market, able to guide the rest of the team on Color Management, Workflows, Software, Production optimization, Image Quality, etc.
* Enables technically the GSS EMEA LFP organization to manage and deliver Applications Services, in the form of trainings and consulting.
* Develops technical action plans to provide solutions to technical questions/elevations/requests from customers (channel partners and end users).
* Responsible for verifying and implementing the detailed technical solution to the problem as identified by the Product Development organizations.
* Regularly leads in the technical assessment and delivery of specific technical solutions to customers.
* Supports installations in multiple work domains: printing technologies, applications, networks, color management, etc.
* Owns and manages knowledge sharing within a technical community. Ensures team members support knowledge sharing and re-use of technical solutions developed.
* Delivers expert technical training to job community, channel partners and to customers.
* Occasionally produces internally published material such as knowledge briefs, technical notes, etc. Presents at multi-customer technology conferences.
* Proactively encourages membership and contributions of others to professional community and coach others in area of expertise.
* Provides advanced technical consulting and advice to others on proposal efforts, solution design, system management, tuning and modification of solutions. Provides input to HP strategy moving forward.
* Collects and determines data from appropriate sources to assist in determining customer needs and requirements.
* Engages in technical problem solving across multiple technologies; often needs to develop new methods to apply to the situation.
* Supports sales activities, tradeshows, events, ... or major input into the sales lifecycle for successful sales. Produces complete proposals within area of expertise. Actively contributes to grow HP business with existing customers through new opportunities and change management.
* Leads and/or provides expertise to functional project teams and may participate in cross-functional initiatives. Sustained and consistent contribution at the work group level. Supports business management, reporting performance, results and improvement plans.
Education and Experience Required
* Minimum Bachelor's degree or equivalent experience required.
* 6 to 8 years of related experience in the Textile customer support industry.
* Valued to have additional/complementary Business and/or Financial related degrees.
* Has enough depth and breadth of technical knowledge to design and scope multiple deliverables across multiple printing technologies/platforms.
* Possesses an understanding, at a detailed level, of dependencies of technologies in use in printing production environment. Frequently uses product and application knowledge to provide technical solutions to customer requests.
* Ability to develop solutions that enhance the availability, performance, maintainability and agility of customers.
* Has contributed to the design and application of new products. Ability to re-use existing experience to influence the development of new solutions.
* Demonstrate skills in project management, analysis, communication, scheduling, controlling and presentation.
* Able to communicate with internal and external senior management confidently.
* Has a high level of creativity, energy and autonomy.
* Mandatory excellent English speaking and writing skills. Able to deliver technical training in English.
* Valued to have additional EMEA languages.
HP is a company providing personal computing and other access devices, imaging and printing products, and related technologies, solutions, and services.