The Test Tools and Automation Manager is a member of the Enterprise Independent Testing Tools and Automation organization and, under the direction of a Tools and Automation Executive is responsible for driving & managing the planning and execution of an Enterprise Independent Testing Platform in support of the Independent Testing Standards. A test is defined in the Independent Testing Enterprise Policy as "an independent point-in-time examination of one or more processes, controls, policies and procedures or data sources utilized for managing risk to assess the effectiveness of the control environment. A test is focused on answering a specific objective and has a pre-defined pass/fail criteria. Testing is conducted throughout the year and provides ongoing feedback to evaluate and improve controls. The testing team maintains their independence to develop and execute tests by remaining separate from the execution of a process.
This role engages with Tools and Automation and other Enterprise Independent Testing peers, as well as key technology partners to recommend Testing Tools strategy, including cost/benefit analysis of refining/updating existing technologies or adopting new technologies, in alignment with company technology strategy.
The Test Tools and Automation Manager is responsible for ensuring consistent quality of activities, processes and outputs by establishing effective review practices across teams. This role may contribute as a manager responsible for providing leadership direction to attract, assess, develop, motivate and retain a small team, or may act as an individual contributor.
The Enterprise Independent Testing (EIT) team conducts independent transactional and process testing in support of needs identified by Compliance and Operational Risk Officers.
Enterprise Independent Testing (EIT) team is looking for a Senior Project Manager/Product Owner to lead and build out the Testing Execution Platform/ORCIT. This person will own and drive product strategy with business partners and technology to achieve EIT goals and build the best user testing experience. You will work closely with business management, developers and testers to ensure requirements and functional designs are translated accurately into working technical designs and that test plans and scripts serve customer needs. Ability to multitask and prioritize across multiple projects is critical.You will work with a team of committed, high-caliber, experienced, passionate & competent team members who work on initiatives in Tools and Automation team in EIT.
* Translate product roadmap into well-defined product requirements/user stories and acceptance test criteria.
* Functions as a product owner and business analyst and works closely with designers, engineers to flesh out testing platform features. Supports the build out of product vision and UX (User Experience) design.
* Ensures corporate brand standards are accurately and consistently implemented.
* Continuous improvement to represent various analysis with innovative techniques and strong impact
* Proactively works with internal stakeholders to ensure project deliverables and expectations stay on track
* Understand and apply process improvements and best practices into product roadmap and requirements.
* Communicate customer needs and product requirements clearly, and ensure our tech partners have details to interpret user stories and success criteria correctly.
* Maintains strong partnerships for the Tools and Automation Executive with all EIT leadership and key internal/external partners.
Required Skills and Experience:
* Proven Sr Leader with 10-15+ years of experience in complex technical environments, leading projects, and driving forward solutions.
* A good balance of technical knowledge and business acumen with a proven track record of driving digital innovation and business metrics with a customer-first mindset.
* An established background in launching software or services in partnership with engineering teams and high degree of proficiency in prototyping, iterative development and product strategy planning.
* Experience working as a BA and writing requirements/JIRA tickets for developers. Experience working directly with developer teams and managing Dev team workload is preferred. Must know how to write features and stories with acceptance criteria.
* Ability to work with cross-functional teams in different time zones sometimes requiring shifting the work day on short notice.
* Able to propose process improvement initiatives and manage all aspects of a project from start to finish.
* Excellent communication skills with the ability to engage, influence, and inspire partners to drive collaboration and alignment.
* Have a pragmatic, flexible, and leader attitude towards problem solving, sharing knowledge, and a consultative working style.
* Ability to manage multiple deliverables with tight timelines and re-prioritize development work efforts as priorities change.
Desired Skills and Experience:
* Experience in Banking/Financial industry
* Experience as a Business Application Owner for an application with a large customer user base
Enterprise Role Overview
The Technology and Tools Manager is a member of the Testing Shared Services organization and, under the direction of a Technology and Tools Executive is responsible for driving & managing the planning and execution of an Enterprise Independent Testing Platform in support of the Independent Testing Standards. This role engages with Testing Shared Services peers to recommend Testing Tools and Technology strategy, including cost/benefit analysis of refining/updating existing technologies or adopting new technologies, in alignment with company technology strategy. The Technology and Tools Manager is responsible for ensuring consistent quality of activities, processes and outputs by establishing effective review practices across teams. This role may contribute as a manager responsible for providing leadership direction to attract, assess, develop, motivate and retain a small team, or may act as an individual contributor.
Posting Date: 07/08/2019
Location: Newark, DE, Christiana II, 1000 Samoset Dr, Jersey City, NJ, 525 Washington Blvd (NJ2525), Charlotte, NC, BANK OF AMERICA CORPORATE CENTER, 100 N TRYON ST, Dallas, TX, DALLAS INFOMART, 1950 N STEMMONS FWY, - United States
Travel: Yes, 10% of the time
Full / Part-time: Full time
Hours Per Week: 40
Shift: 1st shift