Activision is looking for an energetic, highly motivated, technical individual to join our Product and Testing team as a Testing Analyst. The Testing Analyst will be responsible for performing several types of testing tailored to the context of each release. They will partner with Product Owners to define the scope of testing.
The Testing Analyst will also write and execute test cases based on Business Requirement Documents along with recommending solutions after performing an analysis of the identified defects. The Testing Analyst will form effective partnerships with our Content Writers, Trainers, Production, and to help drive efficiencies in our testing practices.
Hours: The ideal candidate for this position will be available in the daytime from 10am - 7pm, Mon - Fri. Overtime may be required to assist with emerging issues and/or deadlines.
* Define the scope of testing alongside Product Owner and/or BRD Owner and testing team, within the context of each software release
* Perform several types of testing, tailored to the context of each release, including but not limited to: Unit Testing, Integration Testing, System Testing, User Acceptance Testing, Regression Testing, and Sanity testing
* Write test cases, based on Business Requirement Documents, in order to identify software and system faults
* Execute test cases by combining white-box, black-box, and grey-box methodologies
* Keep written records of software and system faults that are identified during testing
* Closely analyze the defects and bugs to identify cause
* Recommend solutions to fix any problems discovered during testing, based on the analysis of the bug identified
* Communicate with others in the business to report on the testing status (Project Managers and Product Owners)
* Track the success of implemented solutions, before and after software delivery is complete
* Assist Product Mgt or Content Writer, when required, in delivery of software and systems documentation
* Assist Trainer, when required, in delivery of software and system technical information to Player Support end-users
* Collect and analyze reported system faults from Player Support end-users
* Communicate analysis of identified and/or reported system faults to Business Systems Analyst and Project Managers to maintain the quality of the business' software ecosystem
* 4-year degree in IT, a related field or equivalent work experience
* Experience with Salesforce, Radian6, and Lithium platforms
* Excellent written and verbal communication skills
* Ability to multitask and set priorities
* Strong communications skillStrong conceptual and decision-making skills
* Detail oriented
* Technical and Analytics skills
* Good verbal and written communication
* Desire to learn, adapt as testing needs change, and suggest process improvements
* Ability to establish and maintain healthy working relationships with stakeholders and third-party vendors in the course of work
We're headquartered in Santa Monica, California, housing multiple teams across many disciplines of Marketing, PR, Sales, Supply Chain and other corporate functions such as HR, IT, Legal, Facilities and Finance. Santa Monica is the nerve center of our company, where the best ideas combine with unrivalled rigor to create the biggest and best entertainment experiences in the world.
Great Games Start with Great People! This is an exciting time to join us!
Activision has been changing the way people play for the past 40 years-as the leading developer and publisher of video games, our teams have created some of the world's biggest, most ground-breaking, and beloved entertainment franchises in the industry. Ask anyone who works at Activision what their favorite thing about it is, and they'll tell you it's the people. We have world class brands, infrastructure, and resources, but our success comes from people producing greatness together. We are nothing without our employee's brilliance.
Activision is more than just the leading developer and publisher of video games; we are the creators of some of the world's biggest, most ground-breaking titles in the industry. Our current portfolio includes Call of Duty®, Skylanders®, and Crash Bandicoot™.
Activision Blizzard (NASDAQ: ATVI), headquartered in Santa Monica, California with locations across the globe, is one of the largest and most successful interactive entertainment companies in the world. Sitting at the intersection of media, technology, and entertainment, our employees are some of the best and brightest across engineering, entertainment, media, and technology. A member of the S&P 500 Activision Blizzard is proud to be included as one of FORTUNE's "100 Best Companies To Work For®," "World's Best Employers," as well as "Most Admired Companies." In 2019 we were honored to receive a perfect score on our entry to the Corporate Equality Index as a Best Workplace for LGBTQ professionals and once again made Fast Company's World's Most Innovative Companies in Gaming.
The video game industry and therefore our business is fast-paced and will continue to evolve. As such, the duties and responsibilities of this role may be changed as directed by the Company at any time to promote and support our business and relationships with industry partners.
Activision is an Equal Opportunity Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, gender expression, national origin, protected veteran status, or any other basis protected by applicable law, and will not be discriminated against on the basis of disability.
Let your dream job find you.
Sign up to start matching with top companies. It’s fast and free.