Would you like to be part of the new space movement? Are you a rock star engineer? Do you have the leadership gene? Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems is the place for you. In the last few years you might have seen in your social media feed amazingly beautiful images of the Earth from space in exquisite detail. Or perhaps images in the news forecasting the weather and reporting on natural disasters. Maybe you've even gazed at images from deep space wondering when humans will journey to the farthest reaches of the universe. Behind many of these amazing images are the technologies and innovations created by the engineers at Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems. Situated in sunny Southern California, a location rich in aerospace history, we have unparalleled heritage in advanced sensing systems for space exploration, national security and civil space. We are actively seeking engineers to help evolve our technology and grow our business into new domains and markets. Are you up to the challenge? We're looking for you.
The Systems Engineering and Integration Test Center (SEIT) is seeking strong, technically sound engineering leaders committed and passionate about creating innovative, cost-effective solutions for complex remote sensing applications. The successful candidate will be a member of the National Space Systems Department and will provide engineering guidance for the verification and validation of system products through the life cycle of programs. This position may include assignments in the Integration and Test (I&T), Special Test Equipment (STE) development and verification development. This position will require proactive interaction and collaboration with personnel from several functional disciplines to design, build, assemble, and test in support of prime hardware. The job tasks will include documentation preparation, concept development, schematic & wiring diagram definition, computer-aided design, Supply Chain Management (SCM)/supplier technical exchange, bench & laboratory testing, test automation, and product demonstration & sell-off.
* Minimum of 4+ years of systems engineering experience
* Technical experience in digital, EO/IR systems and/or RF systems
* Experience with testing hardware and/or STE supporting testing activities
* Experience in generating electrical drawings, schematics and test procedures
* Demonstrated proficiency in analytical skills, strong written and verbal communication capability, and ability to work in an integrated product team environment
* Demonstrated problem solving, organization, coordination, and planning skills
* Strong oral and written communication skills
* U.S. Citizenship and ability to access to US only data systems
* U.S. Citizenship status is required as this position will need to obtain a U.S. Security Clearance within one year of employment.
* Experience in support of generating Requirements Verification Plans, Test Plans, Test Requirements Documents and Test Procedures
* Experience in Operations and Factory environments including: procedure development, test, training, transition planning, installation, and deployment
* Knowledge of environmental test methods and practices
* Demonstrated ability to perform test equipment trouble-shooting and failure diagnosis with directly-relevant experience
* Experience with supporting formal reviews such as Test Readiness Review (TRR) and Failure Review Board (FRB)
* Experience developing and operating STE
* Experience with electrical design integration - interpreting signal lists, Electrical Interconnect Diagrams (EICDs), and intra and inter box knowledge
* Experience working in an engineering laboratory and transition to production environments performing STE hardware, software, & firmware integration and test activities
* Experience in test equipment calibration, instrumentation, and environmental stimulus application (vibration and thermal profiles)
* Experience developing embedded software or firmware
* Proficient in Matlab, C++, Python, Labview or related programming languages
* Proficient with standard industry tools like DOORS, Visio, Mentor Graphics, Autocad and/or Test Stand
* Active DoD Secret Clearance
Bachelor's degree in Science, Technology, Engineering, or Math (STEM), or Master's degree in relevant field with 4 years of engineering experience
139070BR 139070 Business Unit Profile
Raytheon Space and Airborne Systems (SAS) builds radars and other sensors for aircraft, spacecraft and ships. The business also provides communications and electronic warfare solutions and performs research in areas ranging from linguistics to quantum computing. SAS is headquartered in McKinney, Texas USA. As a global business, our leaders must have the ability to understand, embrace and operate in a multicultural world -- in the marketplace and the workplace. We strive to hire people who reflect our communities and embrace diversity and inclusion to advance our culture, develop our employees, and grow our business.
Raytheon is headquartered in Waltham, Massachusetts. Follow us on Twitter.
Type Of Job
CA - El Segundo
Raytheon is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, creed, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected Veteran status.
Raytheon is a global company that specializes in defense and other government markets.