As part of a small, passionate and accomplished team of experts, you will develop, manage and execute both unit and system level testing of various spaceflight systems. You will share in the team's impact on all aspects of testing Flight Safety Systems. This position will directly impact the history of space exploration and will require your dedicated commitment and detailed attention towards safe and repeatable spaceflight.
* Developing software and procedures that will be used in development, production, and launch operations
* Working with the design, manufacturing and systems engineers to plan tests of the vehicle subsystems, ensuring the tests are designed to verify the pertinent requirements
* Supporting development testing to reduce program risk
* Developing test methods to efficiently complete integrated testing
* Acting as test engineer with overall responsibility for the test, the crew and the procedure
* Writing software for the reduction, analysis, and archiving of test data to support verification tasks
* Creation and automation of test reports
* Presentation and communication of the test approach to internal and external stakeholders
* Writing test procedures and managing procedural redlines and updates during test campaigns
* Undergraduate degree in Software Engineering, Computer Science, Electrical Engineering or related field with 3+ years of direct experience in electronics hardware test and automation
* Proficiency with Python, Linux shell scripting; C/C++ and related software development tools for unit testing and automation; familiarity with continuous integration verification approaches.
* Direct hands-on experience testing and debugging custom and COTS electronic hardware at board, assembly and system levels; including product functional, acceptance and environmental qualification testing.
* Highly organized team player with excellent technical communication skills (written and verbal)
* Must be a U.S. citizen or national, U.S. permanent resident (current Green Card holder), or lawfully admitted into the U.S. as a refugee or granted asylum.
* Graduate degree in related engineering or technical field with 7+ years of direct experience in developing software for electronics hardware test and automation
* Direct hands-on experience developing unit test and measurement hardware; including automation and continuous integration verification approaches.
* Experience with verification of safety and mission critical aerospace flight hardware.
* Experience with qualifying flight hardware per RCC 319-14, SMC-S-016, or similar standards.
* Experience with Hardware-In-The-Loop testing at an integrated system level
Blue Origin offers a phenomenal work environment and awesome culture with competitive compensation, benefits, 401K, and relocation.
Blue Origin is an equal opportunity employer. In addition to EEO being the law, it is a policy that is fully consistent with Blue's principles. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to status as a protected veteran or a qualified individual with a disability, or other protected status such as race, religion, color, national origin, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, genetic information, pregnancy or age. Blue Origin prohibits any form of workplace harassment.
About Blue Origin
Blue Origin is an aerospace manufacturer and spaceflight services company.