A career at New York Life offers many opportunities. To be part of a growing and successful business. To reach your full potential, whatever your specialty. Above all, to make a difference in the world by helping people achieve financial security. It's a career journey you can be proud of, and you'll find plenty of support along the way. Our development programs range from skill-building to management training, and we value our diverse and inclusive workplace where all voices can be heard. Recognized as one of Fortune's World's Most Admired Companies, New York Life is committed to improving local communities through a culture of employee giving and service, supported by our Foundation. It all adds up to a rewarding career at a company where doing right by our customers is part of who we are, as a mutual company without outside shareholders. We invite you to bring your talents to New York Life, so we can continue to help families and businesses "Be Good At Life." To learn more, please visit LinkedIn, our Newsroom and the Careers page of www.NewYorkLife.com.
* The Test Lead is accountable and responsible for creating, facilitating the cross-team review and approval of, and maintaining on an ongoing basis the overall test strategy and plan that will drive and govern the execution of a specific program, project or initiative.
* The Test Lead is also responsible for detailing test types, test phases and correlating entrance and exit criteria, key test conditions/scenarios, timing, sequencing, and dependencies.
* Guides testing resources in successfully completing the development and execution of detailed test cases/scripts and developing test data requirements.
* Ensures standards and guidelines set forth by the Test Center of Excellence (TCoE) are followed by his/her respective team.
* Aides the Manager in establishing a baseline of QA team performance, monitoring overall delivery metrics and ensuring the function is continually improving year over year.
* Lead a team of onsite and offshore testers
* Designs and develops overall Test Strategy and Plan that, when executed, will effectively identify defects as early in the development cycle as possible
* Good understanding of Scaled Agile (SAFe) methodology
* Will assist the QM team through a period of technology modernization at NYL
* Tracks key testing metrics and ensures regular and consistent communication of progress towards overall testing goals to IT core team and business stakeholders
* Responsible for the coordination and execution of system verification testing activities and establishing, maintaining and implementing the test methods and procedures necessary for the verification of business applications.
* Facilitates testing-related development activities, guiding system testers, cooperating with Test Shared Services, and Release Coordinator (e.g., definition of approach, test cycles, scenarios) for testing automation, regression, performance, etc.
* Ensures that assigned testing teams work together effectively and that the testing function is properly integrated across technological areas (supports end-to-end testing)
* Coordinates User Acceptance Testing with the assigned business users
* Reviews HL requirements and User Stories for clarity and testability
* Ensures technical requirements are traceable to business requirements
* Develops and reviews final test summary report, obtaining business stakeholders' sign-off for promotion to production
* Ensures key test planning deliverables are consistent and compliant with CoE standards
* Interfaces effectively with management on organizational testing needs and incorporates feedback into overarching testing strategy
* Creates test plans, evaluates progress and results, and makes adjustments as necessary to meet commitments
* Proven ability to drive technical and tactical innovation in the testing area, with proof of innovation in prior roles, promoting functional depth of testing, improving testing efficiency, and expanding the scope of testing to be more impactful
* Supports Testers in defining application and integration test scenarios and preparing test scripts and data
* Actively participates in retrospective(s) and other scrum ceremonies with team to foster a culture of continuous improvement
Education / Training
* BS in Computer Sciences/Engineering and/or equivalent experience
* 7+ years' experience of relevant testing experience required, including leadership experience
* 2+ years of management or leadership experience in a leadership position for QA teams
* Proven experience designing, developing and executing testing strategies
* Experience working with and managing on and off-shore resources both from a staff augmentation and managed services arrangement
* Proven experience with test and defect management processes, tools, and metrics
Required Skills / Knowledge
* Advanced knowledge of common testing procedures and methodologies
* Has a complete understanding of test design techniques
* Advanced knowledge of IT concepts, strategies, methodologies and the software development lifecycle
* Experience in leveraging on-shore / off-shore staffing for QA activities
* Possesses extensive knowledge and experience in testing Web Services, UI and Mainframe Systems
* Experience in SCRUM methodologies on large complex Agile projects
* Working knowledge of Agile tools like Rally (Agile Central) and JIRA
* Experience with test management tools (CA Agile Central)
* Experience with Soap UI, Postman, Quality Center (QC), SharePoint
* Software Development Engineer in Test (SDET) and/or DevOps a plus
* Ability to work with business stakeholders, program/project managers, scrum masters, architects, service integrators and developers to understand proposed implementation to design optimal testing goals and requirements
* Ability to contextualize testing strategy and operations within broader business needs
* Knowledge of Life Insurance and/or Financial Services a plus
* Seasoned experience in executing test cases, and in comparing results to requirements to ensure compliance with project objectives
* Experienced facilitator in defect management process
* Strong interpersonal, verbal, and written communication skills
* Stays current in the use of innovative testing practices, test tools and technologies.
* Strong working knowledge of the QA review and testing process, designing test scenarios and test scripts, including understanding of various testing techniques
* Has extensive knowledge of principles, practices and procedures in a testing environment, to the point that they serve as a technical resource to other professionals in the field
* Ability to manage multiple competing priorities while driving resolution and getting results
Location: Dallas Service Center
If you have difficulty using or interacting with any portions of this Web site due to incompatibility with an Assistive Technology, if you need the information in an alternative format, or if you have suggestions on how we can make this site more accessible, please contact us at: (212) 576-5811.