Test Engineer (Up to 25% Profit Sharing Benefit!)
Req #: 223755
Location: Sterling, VA US
Job Category: Engineering
Minimum Security Clearance: TS/SCI with Polygraph
BITS, a CACI Company, offers very rewarding and unique benefits, which equates to 50% of compensation on TOP of your base salary! The first part is a tax-qualified profit-sharing retirement plan, to which BITS annually contributes up to 25% of your base salary (not in excess of applicable IRS limits) to your retirement account. The second component consists of BITS' Individual Benefit Account (IBA), which is used for premiums, medical reimbursements, dependent care, education and Paid Time Off (PTO) policy. Both components of the BITS benefit package are paid for by BITS, in addition to your base salary and potential performance bonuses. We believe in a healthy home/work balance and both of our locations offer a wide variety of activities to balance with your work life. Learn more at http://www.caci.com/bit-systems/
BIT Systems is looking for a Test Engineer to work with a technically diverse team that develops software based signal processing applications. In this role, the Test Engineer will provide expertise in support of the software development team to define, document, analyze, perform, and interpret tests for software components and systems.
What You'll Get to Do:
* Develop and maintain system verification procedures to include test plans, test cases and detailed test procedures, mapped to software and system-level requirements
* Conduct engineering testing during development of new software features to analyze, diagnose, isolate, and document system failures and anomalies (discrepancies)
* Test software releases, per documented test procedures, upon code completion and conduct robust regression testing to ensure no broken functionality
* Investigate and resolve operational problems in conjunction with other engineering and technical personnel
* Provide feedback to the developers relating to operational functionality concerns
* Providing support to developers for investigation of operational issues
* Assist in the development and maintenance of test plans, test procedures, training materials, and other program documentation as needed
* Gather, analyze, and report server performance metrics
* Aid in identifying and implementing automated testing for individual servers and systems
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
* Must have a current TS/SCI and the ability to obtained and maintain the required polygraph per customer requirements.
* Knowledge of commonly-used systems engineering or test concepts, practices, and procedures.
* Experience in the verification and validation of software systems
* Strong communication skills, analytical/problem solving ability, time management and organizational skills
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
* Experience performing requirements and user needs analysis
* Troubleshooting software on UNIX/Linux OS
* Knowledge of Intelligence Community (IC) processes, policies and guidance
* Knowledge of test automation tools
* Scripting proficiency (bash, python, etc.)
What We Can Offer You:
* We've been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
* Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
* We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
* We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation's highest priorities.
* For over 55 years, the principles of CACI's unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
CACI is a provider of information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for intelligence, defense, and federal civilian customers.