The Test team at Bungie has an equal seat at the table with each of the other game development disciplines. Our Test Engineers engage in all phases of development to shine a bright light on risks at the earliest possible moment. We then ensure those risks are resolved to reduce debt. To accomplish this, our Test Engineers build an in-depth understanding of the features they are responsible for and use that knowledge to more effectively integrate test practices and methodologies within their development teams. This gives us the greatest potential to improve the quality of our games while also helping keep our teams lean, flexible, and healthy.
The Social team creates features which allow players to build meaningful social relationships within Destiny. Clans, Grouping Mechanics and Matchmaking are examples of features that the Social team might build. These features integrate heavily between the game client and backend services teams. Test Engineers on the Social team should be comfortable navigating complicated test environments and collaborating across teams. Test Engineers should also be comfortable working on non-gameplay, data driven features and using their knowledge of gameplay and player archetypes to improve those systems.
* Build testability requirements and work with your cross-discipline agile team to execute those for your features
* Understand your team's workflow and features and use that knowledge to integrate testing into the development plan
* Track and communicate test status of your features
* Identify risks and manage them through resolution
* Ability to use your knowledge of test methodologies to design efficient testing coverage
* Ability to work as the test representative in an agile, technical, cross-discipline team
* Inclusive, positive communication and collaboration with Art, Design, Engineering, Production and Test cohorts
* Excellent troubleshooting and problem solving skills
* Excellent organizational skills
* Excellent written and verbal communication
* Passion for gaming and the ability to apply that passion to development
* Ability to test non-gameplay systems through log analysis and analytics
* BS in Computer Science
* Experience writing area and/or feature test specs
* Experience working as a member of Scrum Team or equivalent in an Agile environment
* Ability to understand game systems and use that knowledge uncover issues
* Previous experience shipping a console title
* Experience testing across multiple platforms (Xbox 360, PS3, Xbox One, PS4, PC)
* Understanding of social systems and how they support player archetypes
* Scripting or coding experience (C# preferred)
* Ability to enhance workflow via scripting and tooling
Let your dream job find you.
Sign up to start matching with top companies. It’s fast and free.