Test Director F-18 Pilot
We are a company of innovators, game changers, and entrepreneurs. As a prime contractor, we provide a broad range of communication, electronic and sensor systems used on military and commercial platforms across the globe. We embrace innovative and progressive ideas to advance our products for military and commercial customers. The Electronic Systems Segment (ESS) provides a broad range of aerospace systems, security and detection systems, and pilot training.
L3 Link Training & Simulation is a world leader in providing platform operators and maintainers with total training solutions that improve training effectiveness and efficiency and lower life-cycle costs in a secure cyber environment. L3 Link's innovative solutions provide a full spectrum of state-of-the-art training technologies, including high-fidelity immersive simulations, as well as distributed academic and interactive courseware. The company, headquartered in Arlington, Texas, has delivered military and commercial training systems to customer locations throughout North America, Europe, Asia, the Middle East and the Pacific Rim.
You will demonstrate success by:
L3 Link Training & Simulation is seeking an experienced Test Director(This is not a Director level position, this position is in the Systems Engineering department) to provide technical expertise for the testing, verification, and validation total training systems solutions used in military flight and maintenance training systems.
* Participate in all phases of system design, including requirements definition
* Subject Matter Experts (SME) for their application
* Manages Hardware & software system integration
* Conducts mission environment testing
* Lead all test effort; system tests, acceptance tests, configuration, scheduling, and customer interface
* Write test plans, conduct tests, document results, and ensure discrepancy resolution
* Manages discrepancy review boards
* Monitor and control testing aspects of the program for cost, schedule and technical issues
Our Values are an integral part of who we are. We seek candidates who share our values:
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills (customer users, USAF, USN SMEs)
* Good analytical skills
* Experience interfacing with customers and end users
* Ability to explain technical concerns to customer
* Ability to lead a team of engineers
* Self-motivated to address, evaluate, and if necessary, correct testing concerns
* Knowledge of aircraft systems and the associated environment
* Organizational skills and integrity to run a rigorous test program while holding to the contractual requirements
* Naval Flight Officer experience in the EA-18G as Pilot or EWO
* Current Guard or Reserve experience a plus
* Ability to work weekends and off-shifts as required
* Ability to travel to site for installs and upgrades
* 6 years of related experience
Additional Desired Qualifications and Experience
* Bachelor's degree or equivalent in business, Computer Science, or Engineering degree
* Weapons School or Strike Fighter Tactics Instructor experience a plus
* Prefer 6 years of aviation industry experience
* Experience in use of simulation training devices and products
* Test experience
* Demonstrated experience developing long-term business relationships with the customer or end user community
SAVING LIVES AND MAKING THE WORLD A SAFER PLACE TO LIVE
L3 Technologies, Inc. is proud to be an Affirmative Action/Equal Opportunity Employer. L3 provides equal employment opportunity for all persons, in all facets of employment. L3 maintains a drug-free workplace and performs pre-employment substance abuse testing and background checks. We encourage all qualified applicants to apply for any open position for which they feel they are qualified and all will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, age, gender, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, citizenship status, marital status, genetic information, disability, protected veteran status or any other legally protected characteristic.
About L3 Technologies
L3 Technologies (formerly known as L-3 Communications) is a company developing pilot training, aviation security, night vision, weapons, maritime systems, and space solutions.