This is a full time position based in San Francisco from September 6-December 20, 2019
Simplicity. Meraki makes setting up, managing, and maintaining networks easier than it has ever been before. Simplified and smarter networking means that businesses run more smoothly, and more people have reliable access to the information they need. Meraki enables connectivity everywhere from neighborhood cafes to education institutions to global hospitality groups operating thousands of sites.
You will join a test automation team that is fully embedded within our software engineering team. We handle all types of testing projects for our cloud managed products; from nightly feature tests across the latest firmware images to performance testing of all kinds. We run large scale testing to measure how small changes could impact our performance. Our automation framework is being used across software engineering and we continue to make it more intuitive. Our products are used in over a million networks and our customers rely on our products to serve ten of millions of people. With the large footprint that we have, quality is our highest priority. We are looking for the newest additions to our teams who are as passionate about quality as we are. Meraki engineers put the customer experience first, own projects from beginning to end, and are empowered to make impactful decisions. Your contributions will make direct impact to the success of our business.
Meraki believes that the quality of our product is dependent on the quality of our engineers. We place a high value on nurturing the growth and development of everyone on our team. We foster an open and supportive workplace where everybody is given the opportunity to succeed.
A day in the life of Test Automation Engineer:
You may design a testbed from the ground up that has the ability to change topologies on the fly. You will have an in-house automation framework at your disposal as well as APIs to hook into for further automation. You will have the autonomy to craft and implement a solution as well as the knowledge and experience of team members to help you along the way.
In addition to software testing, you may have a chance to work on our latest hardware appliances from an early phase of development. You will get to learn some of the cool technologies inside the box. Through testing you will gain firsthand knowledge about the performance and be able to guide the team in improving the quality before we release the product.
You are an outstanding applicant if:
* You are working towards a technical degree or have equivalent experience with a strong foundation in the fundamentals of computer science and computer networking
* You are proficient in scripting languages such as Ruby or Python
* You have working knowledge of core network protocols like TCP/IP, DHCP, DNS, VLANS, etc.
* You have experience in scaling or performance testing
* You have CCNA or equivalent certification
* You have familiar with Layer 3 dynamic routing protocols like OSPF, BGP, PIM, etc.
* You have worked with virtualization or container technology, such as ESXi, Xen, Docker, etc.
* You have used development infrastructure tools such as Jenkins, Git, Gerrit, and JIRA and/or have experience with Database solutions (e.g, InfluxDB, PostgreSQL, etc)
Cisco is an Affirmative Action and Equal Opportunity Employer and all qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, gender, sexual orientation, national origin, genetic information, age, disability, veteran status, or any other legally protected basis. Cisco will consider for employment, on a case by case basis, qualified applicants with arrest and conviction records.