Test Automation Engineer
Lincoln, NE // Seattle, WA
At NRC Health, we promise to help our customers bring human understanding to healthcare for their patients and communities. Our associates are at the heart of delivering that promise, so we promise that same human understanding to each other. Come where culture is everything.
As an associate, you:
Innovate with us to move healthcare forward.
Give back to the community with volunteer time off.
Fit your role and do what you love.
Grow and develop along a career path designed by you.
Support one another - no one says, "That's not my job."
Play hard at beer:30 and team outings - we have a lot to celebrate.
Let life happen with 4+ weeks time off, a flexible work environment, and dress for your day attire.
Live healthy with a comprehensive healthcare plan and wellness program.
Who we want
* Do you geek out when you get to implement and execute test procedures and ensure overall product quality?
* Are you detail-oriented, reliable, and have the ability to work both in a team environment and alone with minimal direction and supervision?
* Do you enjoy developing and maintaining test plans, manual and automated test scripts for reporting, functionality, system, and ad-hoc testing?
* Do you have a drive to discover and resolve defects, bugs, errors, configuration issues, and interoperability flaws?
* Are you passionate in process improvement and adept at working in a cross-functional team environment?
What you will do
As a Test Automation Engineer, you will be responsible for creating automated test scripts, executing automated testing, reporting on automated test execution, and building testing tools and utilities. Test coverage will include, but is not limited to, system, functional, and regression testing. You will participate across Scrum teams by automating testing as needed for completion of functional, unit, regression, or integration testing of developed features and functionality. Your testing will also cover performance and load testing of various systems and applications in development and currently released. You will contribute to manual testing efforts and test design as needed. You will design effective SQL queries for checking and managing data during testing activities. You will track defects, provide analysis and reporting of test results, document QA procedures and practices, and produce documentation for all testing efforts, results, activities, data, logging, and tracking. Additionally, you will analyze documentation and technical specifications of any new application under deployment or consideration to determine its intended functionality, and communicate test progress, test results, and other relevant information to leadership and other teams.
What you need
* 5+ years of experience as a QA engineer with at least 2 years as an SDET or test automation engineer
* SQL Server (or equivalent) knowledge and strong SQL query writing skills
* Experience using defect tracking systems such as JIRA, Bugzilla, TestDirector, etc. and integrating with automated testing
* Experience in test automation using tools Selenium and Appium, configuring nodes and grid a plus
* Demonstrated expertise of Java (or equivalent)
* Experience with jQuery, JSON, XPath, and HTTP
* Experience testing and developing automated testing of UIs, APIs, databases, and backend services
* Experience with mobile device testing (BrowserStack or SauceLabs experience is a plus)
* Experience designing, maintaining, and executing manual test cases to fully cover product functionality
* Excellent interpersonal, written, and verbal communication skills
* Bachelor's degree or 4+ years of equivalent experience
Would be nice
* Experience with Jenkins, Maven, or equivalents is a plus
* Experience with TestNG is a plus
* Experience with Load Testing websites is a plus (eg:JMeter, Gatling, Locust, Selenium in Docker, etc.) is a plus
* Knowledge of additional, current programming languages, particularly C# and .NET, is a plus
* Experience with cloud-based providers, AWS preferred, is a plus (EC2, DynamoDB, Lambda FX's, etc.)
* Familiarity with testing in data warehousing such as reports, data marts, and ETL is a plus
Have Purpose. Think Boldly. Feel Connected. Be Understood.