Test Automation Engineer
Req #: 212038
Location: Sterling, VA US
Job Category: Engineering
Minimum Security Clearance: TS/SCI with Polygraph
What You'll Get to Do:
The National & Cyber Solutions Business Group (BIT Systems / CACI) is looking for a talented Test Engineer that is excited about the dynamic intelligence community space and using the latest technologies available to aid in the creation truly rich user experiences. This is your opportunity to work with talented engineering and development teams building novel, mission critical solutions that fulfill intelligence community needs.
As a member of our technical team, you will be critical in the implementation and day-to-day execution of a dynamic, state-of-the-art mission essential system using a wide variety of technologies. In this dynamic environment, you have the opportunity to work with like-minded, motivated individuals expanding your skillset while showcasing your talents. You will be part of our fast paced, agile customer focused development team, you will have end-to-end ownership of the testing processes and frameworks for our Service Oriented Architecture.
Perhaps the most rewarding aspect of this program is the frequent user interaction and receiving their unsolicited feedback on the value you bring to their mission every single day. We live and breathe the mission right along-side our users.
More About this Role:
The Test Automation Engineer will have responsibilities including:
* Develop, execute, and maintain automated API/UI/Unit test scripts for Acceptance, Usability, Functional, Visual, and Regression testing, to enable Continuous Delivery.
* Continually improve test processes and practices based on inspection/adaptation of previous iterations.
* Set up and maintain test environments.
* Execute/analyze test cases and communicate results.
* Report bugs/deficiencies/defects using a defect management system such as JIRA
* Troubleshoot and verify bugs/deficiencies and errors reported.
* Become a vital part of the agile Scrum team and participate in requirements review/story elaborations, and testing activities to deliver high quality products.
* Translate high-level business requirements into test scenarios
* Participate in code reviews
* Work with software developers and domain experts in designing, performing, and improving verification tests, to include performance and stress testing.
* Work collaboratively and effectively in a very agile, fast paced environment.
* Contribute towards predictable delivery of quality software releases.
* Proactively research, recommend and implement tools as needed with the goal of increasing automation.
* Mentor team members on automation.
* Proactively bring issues and problems to the attention of the team; generating, proposing and implementing innovative solutions to solve them.
* Be meticulous about documentation and maintaining a robust log of all test cases and test results.
* Ensure that all tests are executed and give regular feedback to the team lead on the status of quality.
* Be a creative thinker who can quickly identify and test for functional "edge cases" outside of expected functionality.
The Test Engineer will have the desire and the drive to become an subject matter expert in areas to include:
* Unit testing
* UX testing
* UI testing
* Integration testing of APIs
* Performance and scalability testing
* Security Penetration Testing
You'll Bring These Qualifications:
Education and Experience:
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science or related field, with 5+ years of experience and demonstrated proficiency with in automated testing, software testing methodologies, process, and deliverables.
* Active TS/SCI clearance with a CI Polygraph.
* Security+ or CISSP Certification. If candidate is not certified, must commit to certification within 3 months.
* Knowledge of Intelligence Community (IC) processes, policies and guidance from experience on at least one IC program/project.
* Experience with automated testing tools and technologies, including but not limited to Selenium, Cucumber, Webdriver, Mocha, Protractor, Chaos Monkey, and Gremlins.js.
* Understanding of Software Development Life Cycle.
* Understanding of Agile Methodology.
* Experience writing test plans, strategies, and test cases.
* Experience with scripting tools, such as Python, Perl or Ruby.
* Exposure to source control tools such as Git or Bitbucket.
* Hands on experience with different types of testing (System, Regression, Smoke, Performance, Load, etc.)
* Experience with Continuous Integration/Deployment Tools, such as Jenkins.
* Technical depth and passion for identifying new automation strategies.
* Strong troubleshooting / problem solving skills.
* Excellent communication and interpersonal skills. Must be a team player.
* Demonstrated time management and organizational skills, with the ability to juggle multiple high-priority tasks at a time.
* Ability to work in a dynamic, real-time team environment with rapidly changing priorities.
* Ability to provide guidance and instruction to more junior members of the team.
* Experience using Visio, MS Project, and Microsoft Office Tool Suite (MS Word, PowerPoint, Excel).
* Experience running continuous integration build life cycles focused on automation.
These Qualifications Would be Nice to Have:
* Linux background.
* Knowledge of microservices based architecture.
* Experience with Configuration Management tools, such as Puppet, Ansible, and Helm.
* Working knowledge of Amazon Web Services.
* Experience conducting rapid trade studies and analysis of competing technologies.
* Experience with DevOps concepts including Continuous Delivery, Infrastructure as Code, and Behavior and/or Test Driven Development.
* Security+ or CISSP Certification
What We Can Offer You:
* We've been named a Best Place to Work by the Washington Post.
* Our employees value the flexibility at CACI that allows them to balance quality work and their personal lives.
* We offer competitive benefits and learning and development opportunities.
* We are mission-oriented and ever vigilant in aligning our solutions with the nation's highest priorities.
* For over 55 years, the principles of CACI's unique, character-based culture have been the driving force behind our success.
CACI employs a diverse range of talent to create an environment that fuels innovation and fosters continuous improvement and success. At CACI, you will have the opportunity to make an immediate impact by providing information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for Intelligence, Defense, and Federal Civilian customers. CACI is proud to provide dynamic careers for employees worldwide. CACI is an Equal Opportunity Employer - Females/Minorities/Protected Veterans/Individuals with Disabilities.
CACI International is a provider of information solutions and services in support of national security missions and government transformation for intelligence, defense, and federal civilian customers.