Favor's mission is 'Anything Delivered'. Our engineers make high-touch logistics happen. The Favor technology platform is the engine behind the business enabling millions of Favors. Our technology efficiently manages the real-time assignment of Runners to Favors, facilitates communication between customers, Runners, and support, keeps thousands of customer and Runner mobile applications in sync, and more.
Do you get a thrill when you make an impact on hundreds of thousands of users? Do you want to work for a purpose and value-driven company in a high growth environment? Our engineers create the tools and applications necessary to connect our customers, Runners, merchants, and support teams. As a Test Automation Engineer at Favor, you will be responsible for the testing infrastructure and end to end testing of our product portfolio including services, web, mobile web, and native mobile applications. You will work closely with our product, engineering, and operations teams to understand customer needs, build simple solutions to complex problems, and deliver delightful experiences to all our users.
At Favor, we are committed to building a world-class team that shares a passion for modern, clean code and products that make a difference. We need engineers like you to help us achieve our mission of 'Anything Delivered'.
* Write clean, performant, and maintainable automated tests for new and existing features
* Perform exploratory and usability testing
* Own the testing infrastructure and frameworks that are available to Application Engineers and other Test Engineers to support best-in-class modern testing practices
* Explore new technologies and contribute to the refinement of testing related tools, standards, and training
* Mentor less experienced Test Automation engineers and Application engineers on testing best practices
* Engage and collaborate with other teams to ensure timely solution delivery with high quality while balancing new feature work with tech debt management
* Partner with cross-functional technology teams to integrate and test solutions
* Degree in Computer Science or 2-4 years of similar experience with a strong understanding of modern software testing concepts such as the test pyramid (unit, functional, integration, end to end tests), continuous integration, build pipelines, and continuous delivery
* Self-starter who can design and build technical solutions without direct oversight
* Knowledge of testing patterns and their applicable uses to write performant, maintainable test code
* Experience working with and designing test infrastructure for microservices, web, mobile web, and native mobile applications
* Understanding of debugging tools to trace and diagnose issues
Ideal Candidates Will:
* Appreciate simple design
* Love to write clean, maintainable automated tests
* Like working with other developers in a collaborative and iterative environment
* Have experience in a high-growth startup
* Love to learn and teach equally while possessing a growth mindset
* Communicate well with technical and non-technical stakeholders
* Have worked with public cloud providers and cloud-native application development
* Have experience or familiarity with one or more of the following technologies: XCUITest, Selenium, JUnit, NUnit, Espresso, PHP, Scala, Python, Java, Node.js, React, MySQL, Kafka, Docker, Kubernetes, Terraform, AWS, Elasticsearch