WHO IS SPR?
SPR is a digital technology consultancy that develops elegant solutions to transform the way people do business. We're 300+ strategists, developers, designers, architects, consultants, thinkers, and doers in Chicago and Milwaukee. We work with 160 clients in 10 unique industries - everything from corporate finance and global logistics to local breweries and Chicago startups.
We think about the end users and rigorously apply the latest technologies and frameworks to address our clients' needs. We enable companies to do more with data, engage with other people, build disruptive solutions, and operate productively. To do this, we hire smart technologists and sharp business leaders who are excellent communicators and have an interest in working on multiple projects across industries.
SPR offers a great environment for employees to learn, to build systems that make an impact, and to tackle exciting challenges. With our office's "Maker Space", you can explore your IoT side and develop fun projects with 3D printing and CNC machining. We operate in a fun, casual work environment and have great benefits including: competitive salary, bonuses, generous vacation time, big fitness incentives, and medical/dental/vision insurance.
By joining the SPR team, you'll be using your brain, working hard and making an impact through your projects - and you'll be rewarded for it.
WHAT IS THE POSITION?
The Test Analyst will develop and execute test cases and identify defects on Modern Testing projects of all sizes and technologies, either individually or as a member of a larger testing team. You will understand the business requirements and end-user function of the software solution being developed, and the function and architecture of the applications and services which make up this solution. The Test Analyst uses their experience to identify which testing methods and technologies are best applicable for a given project. We believe our Analysts are the driving force behind the success of Modern Testing projects. We're looking for a motivated self-starter who is eager to learn from other team members, contribute their knowledge to the education of other testers, and are willing to tackle new challenges and contribute to the overall quality of the completed software delivery.
* Create the test strategy, work plan and resource estimates for Modern Testing projects of small-to-medium complexity, and assists Senior Test Analysts or other project team members for more complex projects
* Communicate project status, open issues, risk mitigation strategies, and impact of scope/schedule changes
* Recommend process changes or tool "best practice" implementation for project improvement
* Decompose business requirements into testable positive and negative conditions, reviewing for completeness, consistency, clarity and relevance
* Create test cases with actionable steps and expected results for sufficient coverage of positive and negative conditions
* Traceability of test cases and defects to business requirements
* Define and create necessary data to support test environments
* Execute test cases to validate business requirements are being achieved
* Identify, document and communicate software, data or environment defects, and follow said defects through to resolution according to business requirements
* With senior-level guidance, perform root cause analysis on project defects as part of an overall software quality methodology
* Document testing activities via selected project management and testing toolset
* Provide input into and help document solution designs and technical strategies
* Able to manage your own time, and work well both independently and as part of a team
* Possess excellent interpersonal and organizational skills
* Handle diverse situations, multiple projects, and rapidly changing priorities
* Great attitude and commitment to get the job done
* Experienced in one or more basic testing competencies (UI/UX verification, data validation via SQL, Web services, SOAP/REST API services, back-end architecture).
* Understand the role and responsibility of a test analyst in one or more SDLC methodologies (Agile, Kanban, iterative, waterfall, etc.).
* Knowledge of one or more standard project management and testing tools (Microsoft TFS/Azure DevOps, JIRA, HP ALM, etc).
* Achieve and maintain a CSTE certification through the QAI Global Institute.
* Efficient use of different desktop (Windows/Mac) and mobile (iOS/Android) platforms.
* Efficient use of Microsoft Office business applications.
EDUCATION & EXPERIENCE
* Bachelor's Degree, preferably in Computer Science, Engineering or Science / Technology-based disciplines
* Test Analysts will possess 2-6 years of experience working in the software testing profession.
* Creation of User Stories & Acceptance Criteria, BDD rules, or other requirement-definition syntax is a strong plus.
* Experience with Agile story point estimation and Scrum Master techniques is a strong plus.
If this sounds like the kind of challenge you would be up for every day, we would love to hear from you.