Position: Temporary Front End Web Developer Chicago or Evanston Campus
Hours: This is a full-time position
Approximate start date: ASAP
Northwestern University is seeking a temporary Front End Web Developer.
Temporary Job Description:
The temporary Front End Web Developer position is responsible for design, styling, interaction, and markup for digital communications and marketing (websites, email communications, apps, and other electronic media). The position has knowledge of HTML and CSS with an emphasis on creating and refining digital user experiences that advance reputation, engagement and conversion goals.
* Design and build webpages and microsites from the ground up or using CMS components in HTML using CSS.
* Work closely with creative team on information architecture, usability and best practices in web design.
* Create HTML email campaigns and email newsletters for internal and external communications.
* Edit and update web content within several CMS solutions as well as static HTML sites.
* Provide front-line email and phone support for CMS users. Address and resolve strategic, logistical, and technological issues. Proactively coach existing users surrounding: site standards, how to package and label web content, search engine optimization (seo), and best practices in maintaining an easy-to-understand website information architecture.
* Prioritize and manage multiple day-to-day projects as well as long-term, complex projects.
* Present component-based design solutions to clients for websites and online communications.
* Build, manage, and send custom HTML emails within various email marketing software platforms.
* Perform other related duties as required or assigned.
* Successful completion of a full 4-year course of study in an accredited college or university leading to a bachelor's or higher degree; OR appropriate combination of education and experience.
* 2 years' of experience maintaining, supporting, enhancing, and testing the front-end of content-intensive websites within a fast-paced environment
* Experience working with responsive websites and Content Management Systems
* Expert HTML skills
* Intermediate or greater CSS3 skills
Minimum Competencies: (Skills, knowledge, and abilities.)
* Excellent interpersonal client service and negotiating skills.
* Ability to execute and manage numerous jobs concurrently, work independently and in teams, and manage projects from start to completion with minimal instruction.
* Strong front-end website development skills and experience (HTML5, CSS3).
* Familiarity with mobile website frameworks.
* Basic skillset for building HTML emails and familiarity with email marketing software.
* Strong design sense.
* Graphics and photo editing capabilities within software such as Adobe Photoshop.
Northwestern University is an Equal Opportunity, Affirmative Action Employer of all protected classes, including veterans and individuals with disabilities. Women, racial and ethnic minorities, individuals with disabilities, and veterans are encouraged to apply. Hiring is contingent upon eligibility to work in the United States.