Our mission is to deliver the best ecommerce experience for consumers to compare, buy, and use the health insurance products, tools, and information that protect their well-being for life.
Through our leading technology, far-reaching partnerships, consumer advocacy and industry expertise, we work tirelessly to be the online standard for finding, comparing and buying individual, family, small business and Medicare health insurance. Our customer care specialists and licensed agents are available to provide personalized assistance 24 hours a day, 7 days a week over the internet, telephone, email, fax or online chat.
When private insurance is not an option, we can connect people to public assistance programs to help them find the care they need. Anyone in need of access to health coverage has an ally in eHealth.
As a Technology Project Manager, you will be responsible for managing projects of varying size and complexity from inception to launch across various Enterprise and Call Center IT and infrastructure areas. You will work collaboratively with external partners, cloud vendors, and internal cross-functional teams that design and build Technology Operations infrastructure (Enterprise systems, Call Center systems, and Network and Telecommunications infrastructure). This specific role involves working closely with both Ops and IT engineers. You are ambitious, talented, and driven to make the teams and projects successful. This is a temporary position, will be based in our Austin office, and report to the Director of Technology Program Management (TPM).
Essential Job Functions:
* Manage information technology projects across multiple impacted areas and teams (internal and external teams) in various geographic locations and time zones (Austin, Santa Clara, Gold River, Indianapolis, China, etc.)
* Manage on-time delivery of projects, process engineering, and recommend best practices as they pertain to execution and delivery.
* Collaborate closely with the business owners and stakeholders in facilitating the definition of implementation requirements for our Technology teams.
* Collaborate closely with the Tech Operations teams in deeply understanding and contributing to the technical design, and in setting up and managing integration environments for new systems and components.
* Create and maintain a Project Plan or Work Breakdown Structure (WBS) including scope, timelines, and resources/budget for each project, and be able to hold the teams accountable to that plan.
* Provide guidance and mentoring to internal resources and consultants working on each project.
* Facilitate cross-team reviews of key deliverables including System Requirements, Technical Architecture & Design, Impact Analysis & Dependency Matrix, Integration Test Plan, Deployment & Rollout Plan, etc. as required.
* Identify key issues and risks, and come up with suitable mitigation plans to resolve those issues and unblock the teams as required.
* Provide regular status updates to executives, project teams, and key internal and external stakeholders involved.
* BS/MS degree in a technical discipline (areas of focus including Networking, Telecommunications, Enterprise and Call Center Systems, and Site Operations).
* 5+ years of project management and cloud vendor management experience in IT and Infrastructure projects.
* 4+ years of hands-on implementation experience in IT, Network, and Telecommunications projects.
* Certified Scrum Master (CSM)
* Project Management Professional (PMP)
* Excellent communication skills (verbal and written).
* Ability to thrive in a fast-paced environment.
* Ability to bring structure to a very ambiguous environment.
* High degree of initiative, momentum, and sense of urgency.
* Ability to work collaboratively and lead the teams by influence.
* Proficiency in various project management tools - MS Office, Atlassian, etc.
eHealth is the health insurance exchange and online resource for individuals, families, small businesses and Medicare.