Strategic Deterrence is increasingly important to maintaining our Nation's stability. Weapon System Test and Evaluation (T&E) plays a crucial part in asserting and demonstrating our Nation's strength.
We are seeking a skilled Software Engineer to join our telemetry team and help develop the next generation of modern software tools and processes to ensure our Nation's Strategic Weapon Systems' instrumentation and flight test data success.
As a Telemetry Software Engineer...
* Your primary responsibility will be developing solutions for advanced/ complex data commutation architectures in order to decommutate measurement data for flight test analysis.
* You will design data analysis tools to combine in-flight telemetry data from multiple recording sites and quantify, evaluate, and manipulate telemetry data.
* You will work closely with a team of T&E engineers and government sponsors to ensure flight test success.
* You will help shape the future for telemetry processing, with a focus on increased efficiency and effectiveness - moving from hardware-based solutions to software-based solutions.
* You will become a domain expert in the field of weapon system telemetry; responsibilities will naturally increase over time based on your growing set of knowledge and expertise.
* You will have a seat at the table to represent APL and the government at critical Working Group meetings.
You meet our minimum qualifications for the job if you...
* Have a Bachelor's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related technical field with at least 2 years of relevant work experience.
* Have at least 2 years of experience developing applications in C#, Java, C , Python, or a comparable object-oriented language.
* Have an interest and working knowledge of applied physics fundamentals with regards to sensors, radars, and instrumentation.
* Are willing and able to rapidly learn new languages and frameworks.
* Have experience using professional software development tool such as software design tools, version control, issue trackers, and debuggers.
* Have excellent verbal, written and collaboration skills; must work effectively both independently and in a team environment.
* Are able to obtain Interim Secret level security clearance by your start date and can ultimately obtain Top Secret level clearance. If selected, you will be subject to a government security clearance investigation and must meet the requirements for access to classified information. Eligibility requirements include U.S. citizenship.
You'll go above and beyond our minimum requirements if you...
* Have a Master's Degree in Computer Science, Computer Engineering, Electrical Engineering, or related technical field.
* Have more than 2 years of experience developing applications in C#, Java, C , Python, or a comparable object-oriented language.
* Have a working knowledge or experience with sensors, test instrumentation, Strategic Weapon Systems, and/or Test and Evaluation (T&E).
* Have experience leading small teams of software developers and contributing to overall software architecture and technology decisions.
* Have experience presenting technical information to sponsors.
Why work at APL?
The Johns Hopkins University Applied Physics Laboratory (APL) brings world-class expertise to our nation's most critical defense, security, space and science challenges. With a wide selection of challenging, impactful work and a robust education assistance program, APL promotes a culture of life-long learning. Our employees enjoy generous benefits and healthy work/life balance. APL's campus is located in the Baltimore-Washington metro area. Learn more about our career opportunities at www.jhuapl.edu/careers.
APL is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, gender identity, sexual orientation, national origin, disability status, veteran status, or any other characteristic protected by applicable law.