Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
The Telecommunications Engineer will serve as a primary technical resource during the planning, configuration, and daily operations of WLRK's VoIP environment. The Telecommunications Engineer will consult with other departments outside of Information Technology to define system architecture, configuration, disaster recovery and contingency planning for VoIP operations as well as installation and maintenance of to be determined advanced applications.
Essential Duties and Responsibilities
* Serve as the integration planner/designer between the telecom, network and server teams in the installation of complex VoIP solutions.
* Provide technical leadership and support in the area of Unified Communications implementations to other IT team members, network engineers and other firm departments.
* Perform daily system monitoring, verifying the integrity and availability of all hardware, server resources, systems and key processes, reviewing system and application logs, and verifying completion of scheduled jobs.
* Provide level II and III support for all firm telephony in a 24/7/365 environment.
* Provide support for mobile telecommunications installations, maintenance and support (PBX & VoIP).
* Provision, install and distribute hardware to new personnel.
* Maintain accurate records of all maintenance, inventory, and security measures associated with the Firm's inventory.
* Collaborate extensively with peers to resolve user issues while actively contributing to a growing knowledge base that improves the effectiveness of our team and the information available to our users.
* Troubleshoot any VoIP problems, including SIP trunks, network jitter and packetization delays.
* Interconnect third-party systems as required to the firm's IP PBX using both SIP and H.323 protocols.
* Perform moves, adds, and changes to existing Avaya Aura PBX system as required.
Knowledge, Skills, and Abilities Required
* Strong verbal and written communication skills
* Strong personal organization; time management, planning, and project coordination skills
* Experience with Windows 10, Windows 2008/2012/2016 Server, and Exchange 2013 and Linux
* Experience with DNS, Active Directory, Avaya Aura 6.x, Avaya Modular Messaging, Avaya Session Manager, AES, SES, H.323, SIP protocol, G.711 and G.726 codecs, Cisco switches and routers, SIP trunks, Acme Packet Session Border Controllers, and converged VoIP network design.
* Experience with Cisco IP Telephony products
* Experience with Unity voicemail
* Experience working with Cisco TelePresence & Jabber
* Understanding of Cisco Wireless infrastructure
* Cisco voice telephony support
* Experience with F5 load balancers
* Knowledge of Microsoft Skype for Business and Cisco Jabber.
* Knowledge of Cisco routers and switches, CoS and DSCP.
* Knowledge of call coverage pattern tracing and partition route tables, AAR and ARS.
* Familiarity with Cisco video conferencing equipment.
* Local travel between remote Data Centers will be required at times.
* Must be flexible to work overtime and weekends to provide emergency coverage in a 24/7/365 environment.
Education and Experience
* Bachelor's degree in Computer Science and/or Information Systems or equivalent experience required
* Four to Six years telephony administration experience, unified communications experience a must.
Normal office environment with little exposure to excessive noise, dust, temperature and the like.
The above is intended to describe the general content of and requirements for the performance of this job. It is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of essential functions, responsibilities or requirements.
About Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz
Wachtell, Lipton, Rosen & Katz provides legal consultancy and related services.