* Must have an active (or ability to obtain and maintain) TS/SCI with CI Polygraph"
The role of the Telecom Engineer IV is to install, support, and maintain in-house voice, data, and video equipment. This includes configuring, diagnosing, repairing, upgrading, and optimizing all telephone systems and services, voicemail and private branch exchange (PBX) communication systems, and video conferencing environments. The person will also analyze and resolve telecommunications circuit issues in a timely and accurate fashion, and assist all user needs.
* Perform complex installations, modifications, and repairs to more sophisticated telecommunication equipment, including PBX and voice mail systems
* Perform data backups on all telecommunication equipment
* Work with voice and data vendors to repair problems with telecommunication services
* Maintain a list of vendor contacts to ensure immediate response to any problem with voice or data facilities
* If supervising others, responsible for the safety of those being supervised; ensure compliance with established safety policies and procedures and the practice of safe work habits
* Maintain a customer service attitude
* Other duties as assigned
* Accredited four (4) year degree or global equivalent, higher national Diploma or certificate, appropriate advanced degree or post graduate qualifications are preferred
* Membership in external technical society
* Six (6) years of Telecom industry related home office and/or project experience
* Demonstrated interpolative thinking, utilize advanced techniques, modifications or extensions to practiced theories, and is generally seasoned technically
* Intermediate computer and software skills to include the use of word processing, email, spreadsheets and electronic presentations
Fluor Corporation is a multinational engineering and construction firm.