Telecommunications, Media & Entertainment-Cognitive Machine Learning Senior Manager
Our Telecommunications, Media and Technology (TMT) industry clients include some of the most valued companies in the U.S. and many of the world's top global brands. We are poised to help clients shape their evolving business models, scale and transform their operations, modernize their processes and technologies, and constantly improve their customer experience. Our Telecommunications, Media & Entertainment sector includes the world leaders in telecommunications, media, entertainment, sports, business information services, and digital platform companies - for search, social, marketing, analytics, etc.
The Analytics & Cognitive team leverages the power of data, analytics, robotics, science and cognitive technologies to uncover hidden relationships from vast troves of data, generate insights, and inform decision-making. Together with the Strategy practice, our Strategy & Analytics portfolio helps clients transform their business by architecting organizational intelligence programs and differentiated strategies to win in their chosen markets.
Analytics & Cognitive will work with our clients to:
* Implement large-scale data ecosystems including data management, governance and the integration of structured and unstructured data to generate insights leveraging cloud-based platforms
* Leverage automation, cognitive and science-based techniques to manage data, predict scenarios and prescribe actions
* Drive operational efficiency by maintaining their data ecosystems, sourcing analytics expertise and providing As-a-Service offerings for continuous insights and improvements
Work you'll do
Our practitioners work in integrated project teams on a range of projects covering the entire lifecycle from planning through to design, development and the deployment of solutions. These project teams will often include leaders and specialists from other business and technical disciplines from within the consulting practice and from our clients. A focus on team work is therefore critical. As a subscription billing solution implementation expert, you will bring considerable billing, invoicing and revenue management expertise to help design, develop and implement subscription billing solutions to transform client's new business models. You will interact daily with key business and IT executives and lead multiple teams in various strategy and implementation activities.
As a Deloitte Senior Manager you will manage and deliver large, complex client engagements that identify, design and implement creative business and technology solutions. Our Senior Managers are expected to contribute to the firm's growth and development in a variety of ways, including:
* Engagement Management: manage engagement risk and project economics including planning and budgeting, manage accounts receivable, define deliverable content and ensure buy-in of proposed solutions from client top management
* Business Development: develop and maintain contact with top decision makers at key clients, organize and lead pursuit teams, participate and lead aspects of the proposal development process, contribute to proposal pricing strategy
* Practice Development & Eminence: develop solutions and methodologies, develop "thoughtware" and "point-of-view" documents, public speaking and publication in industry periodicals
* People Development: perform role of counselor and coach, provide input and guidance into the firm's staffing process and actively participate in staff recruitment and retention activities
* 8+ years of large consulting firm or relevant industry experience in telecommunications, media or entertainment. Must have worked in one of the following: Communication service provides (telecom, MVPD's, Satellite, Cable, Broadcasters), infrastructure and equipment, information services and publishing, social and digital advertising, entertainment and sports.
* Experience with the business process side of cognitive machine learning
* 6+ years providing advisory and implementation expertise to clients including use case and business case development for disruptor-based analytics including experience in at least one of the following areas:
* Analytics Strategy
* Cognitive Computing
* Big Machine Learning
* Big Data Technologies
* Cloud Computing solutions
* AI solutions Analytical Modeling & Visualization
* Natural Language Processing,
* Tools including - SPSS, R, Apache Spark/MLlib, Apache Mahout or other Open Source Tools; Qlik suite of products, Tableau etc.
* Experience designing and implementing proof of concept execution to prove the value of Cognitive Computing use cases, solution outline and design of Disruptive Analytics solutions
* Experience managing mid-to- large engagements and working with C-level client executives
* A willingness to travel 80%
* Strong oral and written communication skills, presentation skills and MS Visio, PowerPoint, Excel and PowerPoint proficiency.
* Consistent career progression with increasing levels of responsibility; performed above expectations in professional roles.
* Demonstrated interpersonal, team-building and communication skills.
* Live within commuting distance to one of Deloitte's consulting offices
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
As used in this posting, "Deloitte" means Deloitte Consulting LLP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Deloitte will consider for employment all qualified applicants, including those with criminal histories, in a manner consistent with the requirements of applicable state and local laws. See notices of various ban-the-box laws where available. https://www2.deloitte.com/us/en/pages/careers/articles/ban-the-box-notices.html
Requisition code: E20NATCSRMPH004-SA