About the Team
Joining the Stanley Black & Decker team means joining one of the world's largest, fastest-growing, and most dynamic companies. Stanley Black & Decker is unique in that we've got a rich and storied history dating back to 1843, but that hasn't stopped us from evolving into a vibrant, diverse, global growth company poised and ready for the future.
Being a part of our team means living our core values of
* courage & innovation
* agility & performance
* inclusivity & collaboration
* integrity & accountability
It means thriving in an environment of constant innovation and positive change. It means delivering tools, services, and solutions that the world counts on when it really matters. It means maintaining the highest standards in everything you do, every day.
Provides cost effective business systems and applications analysis in support of the development and implementation of business applications. Includes evaluation, analysis, documentation of requirements, translation into proper system requirement specifications and configuration. Formulates and defines systems scope and objectives based on both end-user needs and a thorough understanding of business systems, applications and industry requirements. Operates as a liaison between technical personnel and the appropriate end-user department. Evaluates and translates end user needs and problems to technical associates and/or vendors where appropriate. Understands the business implications of technical solutions, and assists in defining and documenting the technology solutions to support any future business needs. Teaches end users new technology and enhancements using all appropriate communication tools as well as providing support for existing system.
This position is specific to Stanley Black and Decker's Data Protection Infrastructure; the planning, implementation and support of that infrastructure. Enterprise level data protection (specifically CommVault) is preferred; as is, VMWare tools and cloud based technologies.
* Conducts business process analyses, needs assessments, and preliminary cost/benefits analyses in an effort to align information technology solutions with business initiatives.
* Works with business users to define and analyze problems and align the most suitable technical, application or configuration solutions.
* Solicits, develops, documents and manages requirements and provides detailed design and business rules to support the requirements throughout the project life cycle up to and through change control.
* Considers the business implications of the application of technology to the current and future business environment.
* Reviews system test plans and system tests modules before implementation.
* Creates, reviews and delivers end-user documentation (user guide, process flow charts, training materials) and training for accuracy.
* Works with the user to select or create appropriate scenarios to test all results to determine whether system changes met project
specifications; uses scenarios to assist the end user in acceptance testing.
* In upgrades, monitors production performance enhancements and system integrity with end-users.
* Develops detailed implementation and upgrade project plans in conjunction with other account team associates.
* Ensures that documentation is updated when change requests are approved for the project.
* Provides input on processes, procedures, or new approaches.
* Implements and Support Data Protection Strategies with Business and Technical Senior Leadership and other technical teams.
* Maintains current knowledge of Data Protection tools, as the landscape evolves, in order to articulate to Senior Leadership the operational impact of a new solution strategy to the technical vertical.
* Must be a Subject Matter Expert on Enterprise Data Protection including Disaster Recovery and Business Continuance operations.
* Knowledge of basic principles, methods, technologies and practices of a professional/technical field.
* Apply a basic understanding of the underlying principles of a professional discipline -typically obtained through formal study.
* General knowledge of procedures and activities within own work area.
* Ability to relate actual day-to-day work to business priorities.
* Focused on learning the key aspects and duties of the job being performed.
* Ability to work on and close level 3 operational tickets related to Storage and Data Protection required.
* Applies research, information gathering and analytical skills.
* Selects appropriate alternatives from defined options.
* Collects required documentation; verifies conformance of documents with standards.
* Assesses accuracy of detailed information.
* Tracks, maintains and produces regular and ad hoc reports.
* Handles detailed, structured problems.
* Identifies roadblocks to task completion and effectively brings them to management for resolution.
* Generally, uses existing procedures to resolve standard problems.
* Works on assignments where judgment is required a majority of the time.
* Works under general direction, seeks assistance as needed.
* Completes work in accordance with accepted practices within field.
* Establishes approaches for completing assignments.
* Independently gathers information.
* Adjusts to multiple demands and shifting priorities; accepts responsibility for results of actions.
* Works with team to support achievement of project milestones and deliver on internal and/or external commitments.
* When assigned to a customer team, supports small project teams or specific components of a customer engagement.
* Contributes to own team/closely related teams through quality and accuracy of own output.
* Understands how work area performance impacts results.
* Builds productive internal relationships.
* Collaborates with others to achieve objectives and ensure information flow.
* Conveys information in a concise and professional manner.
* Asks effective questions and solicits feedback to understand needs.
* Anticipates future needs based on past transactions.
Skills & Experience
* Experience with CommVault, VMWare Tools.
* Ability to adjust with changing priorities
* Basic knowledge of system development methodology, project management system architecture and analytical/problem solving skills
* 4-6 years of relevant experience or equivalent combination of education and work experience.
* Undergraduate degree and 4-6 years relevant experience, or
* Graduate degree and 2-4 years relevant experience.