Description:The Lockheed Martin Space Engineering and Technology Strategy (E&TS) organization is chartered with leading strategic initiatives across E&T, driving the organization to the next level and maximizing the value of our products and technologies for both our internal and external customers. Our E&TS initiatives address strengthening and growing our technology strategy, partnering across the enterprise, industry, and academia to realize groundbreaking solutions to unmet customer needs, leading enterprise-wide innovation initiatives, and building and maintaining a world-class E&T workforce.
This position will be responsible for leading key strategy initiatives across the E&T organization. This will include both new and existing strategy initiatives, such as internal and inorganic investments, Go Fast, and Workforce strategies. The candidate will help lead the initiatives by aiding in strategy formulation and evaluation, identifying implementation options, paths forward and required resources, and providing general guidance and support to leadership and personnel in the associated E&T divisions.
The individual will report to the Senior Manager, Strategy Integration within the E&TS organization, but will have direct and frequent interface with the E&TS Director and other members of the E&TS leadership team as well as leaders in the broader E&T organization. The Technology Strategy Initiatives lead will:
* Plan, project manage and implement initiatives, working in concert with E&T POCs. Identify resources from other E&T functions, Space MFOs and Programs as needed to complete tasks.
* Coordinate and track team activities and performance. Provide status on initiative progress and results to E&TS leadership. Conduct briefings and technical meetings for internal representatives and leadership.
* Assess and build effective customer relationships throughout the LM Space organizations.
* Prioritize the strategy initiatives, balancing with resource demands and coordinating with leadership to ensure critical deadlines are met.
* Identify process improvements to maximize efficiency and effectiveness in executing strategic initiatives.
The ideal candidate will have demonstrable experience leading strategic projects and will be a highly motivated individual with an innovative mindset.
* Bachelor's degree required, preferably in a Technical discipline
* Ability to manage multiple priorities and concurrent tasking
* Strong organizational skills
* Self-starter, willing to take the initiative to get things done
* Strong demonstrated communication skills and experience presenting and conveying focused messages to internal/external stakeholders and customers
* Ability to develop strong relationships at all levels of the organization
* Ability to lead and influence individuals and teams
* Master's degree
* Secret Clearance or Higher
* Established relationships with E&T senior leadership and knowledge of Space organization structure and roles and responsibilities
* IRAD Management experience
* Project Management experience
* Strong qualitative and analytical skills. Ability to perform research, evaluate results and provide projections/trends.
Lockheed Martin is an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action Employer. All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, pregnancy, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, protected veteran status, or disability status.
Join us at Lockheed Martin, where your mission is ours. Our customers tackle the hardest missions. Those that demand extraordinary amounts of courage, resilience and precision. They're dangerous. Critical. Sometimes they even provide an opportunity to change the world and save lives. Those are the missions we care about.
As a leading technology innovation company, Lockheed Martin's vast team works with partners around the world to bring proven performance to our customers' toughest challenges. Lockheed Martin has employees based in many states throughout the U.S., and Internationally, with business locations in many nations and territories.