What you'll be doing...
You'll be leading the activities of cross-functional teams for our key premiere platforms: Wireless, video, broadband and global IP. You'll act as a key contributor and facilitator in finding ways we can leverage existing technology to solve our most pressing business challenges. You'll also help drive our strategic direction by bringing important trends and issues to light. We've got some of the world's most advanced technology at our disposal--you'll help ensure we make the most of it.
* Developing an informed perspective on our core wireless and wireline technology, industry, market, competition, and business drivers.
* Coordinating various opportunities, so that they are aligned in the service of our overall goals.
* Managing technology forums to drive key initiatives forward.
* Providing support to forum sub-teams and conducting technology forum briefings to provide status on action plans.
* Making recommendations based on internal and external trends and data-driven insights.
What we're looking for...
You're an organized, detail-oriented project leader that can engage and motivate a team. As a conceptual thinker who sees the big picture, you can knit ideas together to create compelling and cohesive stories. You've got a set of sophisticated influence strategies that allow you to elevate key trends and issues within the business. You've got valuable insights, and you know how to bring them to life.
You'll need to have:
* Bachelor's degree or four or more years of work experience.
* Six or more years of relevant work experience.
* Planning, architecture, product development, or program management experience.
Even better if you have:
* A degree.
* A degree in computer science, computer engineering, or engineering.
* A Master's degree. Ideally, an MBA.
* Experience with wireless and wireline technologies like software defined networks, cloud, Internet of Things (IoT), big data, security, API platforms, or 5G.
When you join Verizon...
You'll be doing work that matters alongside other talented people, transforming the way people, businesses and things connect with each other. Beyond powering America's fastest and most reliable network, we're leading the way in broadband, cloud and security solutions, Internet of Things and innovating in areas such as, video entertainment. Of course, we will offer you great pay and benefits, but we're about more than that. Verizon is a place where you can craft your own path to greatness. Whether you think in code, words, pictures or numbers, find your future at Verizon.
Equal Employment Opportunity
We're proud to be an equal opportunity employer- and celebrate our employees' differences,including race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability, and Veteran status. Different makes us better.
Verizon Communications is a broadband and telecommunications company operating 4G LTE network, 3G network, and information services.