At Reyes Holdings, we are dedicated to being a global leader in food and beverage distribution by delivering unmatched value for our customers while creating an outstanding work environment for our employees. We offer competitive benefits, career growth opportunities and an engaging work environment for our employees.
The Technology Solution Architect reports to the Director of Engineering. This position is responsible for the technical solution design as it relates to solution delivery of all cloud, server, network, storage, data protection, backup infrastructure, data center, middleware, end-user devices, identity, collaboration platforms, and application delivery to the Reyes Holdings Family of Businesses. It is a technical role directly facilitating the collaboration of engineers in various technical areas, ensuring adherence to architecture standards, and ensuring a smooth transition to operations for all infrastructure solutions. The Technology Solution Architect will be a technical liaison to business units to ensure the technical solution requirements of their projects are being met. The candidate will provide a successful track record on enabling change through technology and the ability to dive deeply into underlying businesses and associated technologies. The individual will work closely with the business IT, architecture, engineering, and operations teams to document and transition solutions that scale and can be leveraged and supported broadly for a fast growing global company. The ideal candidate must have both leadership and technical prowess to effectively and efficiently manage infrastructure technology projects and their associated virtual teams.
* Is organized with strong time management and communication skills
* Is highly customer focused - sets a high priority for accomplishing business objectives.
* Demonstrates the ability to clearly define, meet and exceed service level agreements with the business and application teams while striving to achieve high customer satisfaction.
* Looks for opportunities to improve operational effectiveness and efficiency.
* Promotes diversity of ideas
* Manage multiple priorities with a bias towards action and speed without sacrificing quality or deviating from standards and procedures.
* Takes a pragmatic approach with the ability to establish priorities aligned with IT and Business objectives.
* Handles difficult situations with directness and integrity.
* Takes a global perspective, searching for solutions and driving continuous improvement while constantly raising the bar to stretch own and others' levels of achievement.
* Demonstrates the ability to learn quickly and adapt to changing circumstances.
* Is collaborative with teams from multiple technical areas to ensure all requirements are met for operations, engineering, and architecture.
* Serve as the primary point person for the delivery of infrastructure platform solutions related to cloud, server, network, storage, virtualization, data center, backups, end-user devices, application delivery, data protection, backups, middleware, and identity.
* Responsible for soliciting, clarifying, and validating non-functional requirements and documenting solution designs, including logical and physical designs, for enterprise solutions gathered from inputs by architects, engineers, and operators.
* Build rapport and trust with IT and business unit stakeholders through transparency and integrity.
* Provide leadership to ensure the delivery of IT services.
* Collaborate with operations to address continuous service improvement plans as it relates to engineered defects.
* Work closely with the IT Security team to ensure the overall security of all engineered solutions is addressed.
* Responsible for aligning solution designs to policies, standards, guidelines, roadmaps, and business requirements in conjunction with security, engineering, architecture, and operations teams.
* Evaluate opportunities for innovation that may stress current standard solutions where practical.
* Accountable for handoff to operations and ensuring operational readiness for all engineered solutions.
* Work to deliver solutions to operations with minimal support requirements through the use of automation, self-healing, and stable architectures.
* Assess shared services technical resource demand needs based on project charters and scopes.
* Identify and recommend opportunities to improve the process, technology, and people.
* Facilitate the adoption of enterprise technology and processes across all IT teams.
* Participate in continuous improvement initiatives.
* Support the integration of acquisitions by developing a scalable and repeatable infrastructure delivery models.
Required Skills and Experience
* Minimum of 5 years in the IT Industry including technical support, engineering and/or management;
* Minimum of 5 years of experience with leading and managing IT projects and virtual teams within a technical engineering or shared services environment;
* Working knowledge and management skills for the cloud, server, network, storage, virtualization, data center, backups, end-user devices, application delivery, data protection, backups, middleware, and identity;
* Experience with Microsoft technologies (Server, Active Directory, Azure), Linux, Cisco technologies (router, switches), and VMWare virtualization technologies;
* Ability to understand enterprise computing requirements, develop designs and solutions that align and meet requirements for the IT and business roadmaps;
* Capability and experience to provide technical leadership of large IT project independently as well as participating in multi-phase projects;
* Strong ability to clearly document system design elements including the use of appropriate documentation tools
* Ability to collect and summarize product information, quotations, and technical design information from multiple IT landscapes.
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills, with the ability to communicate technical subjects to non-technical audiences
* Team player, able to work with other IT teams in a dynamic, fast moving IT Department.
* Ability to work extended hours or weekends as necessary.
* Ability to analyze data and produce management level reports to enable quick and accurate decision making.
* This position must pass a post-offer background and drug test.
Bachelor's degree in a technical discipline or equivalent IT experience.
Preferred Skills and Experience:
* Proficient in Microsoft Office and Visio
* Experience in IT/IS technologies across a broad spectrum of infrastructure platforms, DevOps/automation, and security.
Physical demands and work environment
Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. Due to the nature of our business in regard to such things as delivery schedules, order inputs, selection, and Department of Transportation Hours of Service, overtime, attendance and punctuality are essential job functions. Should an individual in this classification not be able to adhere to this requirement due to a disability, they should contact their Human Resources department to see what, if any, reasonable accommodation may be made.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status. Drug Free Workplace.
AAP, EEO, M/F/H/V/D, Drug-Free Workplace
We are always striving for better. We are both collaborative and competitive - working hard every day to improve our performance as individuals, divisions, and companies, as well as working together with our partners to build their brands and grow our customers' business. Many of our leaders began their careers in entry-level positions within Reyes Holdings.
What are we looking for in our colleagues? We seek fresh ideas, new perspectives, a diversity of experiences, and a dedication to service that will help us better meet the needs of the many people and businesses that rely on us each day.
Reyes Holdings is an equal opportunity employer. We do not discriminate in hiring or employment against any individual on the basis of race, ethnicity, ancestry, color, religion, sex/gender (including pregnancy), national origin, sexual orientation, gender identity or expression, physical or mental disability, medical condition, age, veteran status, military status, marital status, genetic information, citizenship status, unemployment status, political affiliation, or on any other basis or characteristic prohibited by applicable federal, state or local law. This position must pass a post-offer background and drug test. We are a Drug-Free Workplace.
As an Equal Opportunity Employer, Reyes Holdings companies will recruit and select applicants for employment solely on the basis of their qualifications. Our Practices and Procedures, including those relating to wages, benefits, transfers, promotions, terminations and self-development opportunities, will be administered without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation and gender identity, age, national origin, disability, or protected veteran status and all other classes protected by the Federal and State Government. Drug Free Employer.