Systems Engineering Automation Testing - Consultant
Are you a talented, detail oriented software testing professional, interested in helping companies to solve their business challenges? Are you interested in creating elegant, effective solutions, while continually learning and expanding your skills?
Work you'll do
* Being the integrator between the client and our Deloitte teams
* Developing custom testing solutions
Our Systems Engineering team delivers large-scale software applications and integrated systems, and assists clients with architecture design, assessment and optimization, and definition. We develop service-oriented architecture (SOA) and other integration solutions to enable information sharing and management between business partners and disparate processes and systems, and we deliver technology enablement to support CIO services transformation.
Systems Engineering professionals focus on key client issues that impact the core business by maximizing operational value, driving down the cost of quality, and enhancing technology innovation. Our teams deliver a wide range of services, including application architecture design and optimization, application modernization, business process management and solution integration, custom application design and development, and large-scale technology delivery program efforts.
* 2 years of relevant consulting or industry experience
* A minimum of 1 full life cycle implementation in a testing role
* At least 1 years of leading Testing efforts, including experience with all phases of testing: System, Integration, User Acceptance and Performance Testing
* At least 2 years of experience with developing the testing strategy for large scale programs and ensuring requirements traceability throughout the system development lifecycle
* At least 2 years of experience developing test plans, test scenarios, test cases, execution of test case and documentation of test results
* At least 2 years of experience with driving the quality assurance processes and gaining delivery buy-in from stakeholders
* At least 2 years of testing experience in different environments including one or more of the following client server, Services Oriented Architecture, Web based, Mainframe based and three tier architectures
* At least 1 year of experience in test automation including development and maintenance of automation scripts and frameworks
* At least 2 years of experience with one or more of the following tools: HP toolset, Selenium or other similar Automation/SOA testing tools
* A willingness to travel 80 - 100% of the time
* Bachelor's Degree or equivalent experience
In addition, successful Consultants will have the following preferred background:
* Testing Techniques - Understand the various approaches used in testing, including (e.g. desk checking), white-box (logic drive), black-box (requirements driven), load testing, coverage testing and regression testing.
* Direct experience with or exposure to testing in an Agile delivery model
* Experience with Mobile testing and test tools
* Experience with developing industry specific testing accelerators and testing products
* Technical expertise in implementing industry standard testing methodology and tools
* Experience implementing testing best practices specific to the test planning and execution processes and gaining buy-in for changes from executives
* Experience with testing in Healthcare and Life Sciences, Financial Services, Telecommunication or Media domains
* A deep understanding of test planning and delivery challenges
How you'll grow
At Deloitte, our professional development plan focuses on helping people at every level of their career to identify and use their strengths to do their best work every day. From entry-level employees to senior leaders, we believe there's always room to learn. We offer opportunities to help sharpen skills in addition to hands-on experience in the global, fast-changing business world. From on-the-job learning experiences to formal development programs at Deloitte University, our professionals have a variety of opportunities to continue to grow throughout their career. Explore Deloitte University, The Leadership Center.
At Deloitte, we know that great people make a great organization. We value our people and offer employees a broad range of benefits. Learn more about what working at Deloitte can mean for you.
Our positive and supportive culture encourages our people to do their best work every day. We celebrate individuals by recognizing their uniqueness and offering them the flexibility to make daily choices that can help them to be healthy, centered, confident, and aware. We offer well-being programs and are continuously looking for new ways to maintain a culture where our people excel and lead healthy, happy lives. Learn more about Life at Deloitte.
Deloitte is led by a purpose: to make an impact that matters. This purpose defines who we are and extends to relationships with our clients, our people and our communities. We believe that business has the power to inspire and transform. We focus on education, giving, skill-based volunteerism, and leadership to help drive positive social impact in our communities. Learn more about Deloitte's impact on the world.
We want job seekers exploring opportunities at Deloitte to feel prepared and confident. To help you with your interview, we suggest that you do your research: know some background about the organization and the business area you're applying to. Check out recruiting tips from Deloitte professionals.
As used in this posting, "Deloitte" means Deloitte Consulting LLP, a subsidiary of Deloitte LLP. Please see www.deloitte.com/us/about for a detailed description of the legal structure of Deloitte LLP and its subsidiaries. Certain services may not be available to attest clients under the rules and regulations of public accounting.
All qualified applicants will receive consideration for employment without regard to race, color, religion, sex, sexual orientation, gender identity, national origin, age, disability or protected veteran status, or any other legally protected basis, in accordance with applicable law.
Requisition code: E20CENCACSCT021-CBO