Public Service Enterprise Group
Requisition ID: 55426
Job Function/Category: Information Technology
Employment Type: Exempt Full Time
This is an exciting time to be joining PSEG. Our commitments, which include safety, integrity, customer focus, and diversity & inclusion, are the fabric of our culture and help drive the success of our business. We are fortunate to have an outstanding workforce of diverse and highly skilled talent who move us forward in our operational excellence journey. PSEG has more than 12,000 employees who are dedicated to the communities we serve and embody our vision: People providing Safe, Reliable, Economic and Greener Energy.
The Technology Software Engineer is involved in the full systems life cycle and responsible for designing, coding, testing, implementing and supporting application software and systems. Software Engineers work closely with Business Analysts and Group Product Managers to understand the business requirements that drive the analysis and physical design of technical solutions. Software engineers may be assigned to either development or support functions. Development involves writing new programs whereas support involves upgrades, maintenance or issue resolution to existing applications and systems.
* Analyzes end-user needs and designs, develops and tests software to satisfy demand. Performs build versus buy analysis for business demand.
* Partners with business analysts to translate business requirements to application requirements. May evaluate existing applications and platforms and provides recommendations for improving application performance by conducting gap analysis, identifying feasible alternative solutions, and assisting in the scope of modifications.
* Creates process flowcharts, diagrams, and other related documentation; Develops technical workflows using different modeling techniques.
* Collaborates with enterprise architects and infrastructure to integrate applications and hardware.
* Ensures that the design and application implementation meets security and QA standards. Suggests fixes to issues by doing a thorough analysis of root cause and impact of the defect.
* Analyzes application reports to ensure that the functionality and performance meets all product and service level requirements.
* Codes applications using a disciplined development process.
* Works on coding tasks that require skills in multiple technical environments and knowledge of a specific business area.
* Provides daily support with resolution of escalated tickets.
* Applies operation break fixes and other proactive maintenance activities until permanent solutions can be implemented.
* Supports and participates in the software deployment process for new modules, upgrades and fixes to the production environment.
* Documents functions and changes to new or modified modules and test activities/results.
* Makes modules production-ready by moving them to libraries, completing forms, following procedures, completing version control documents, etc.
Primary Responsibilities are:
* Design, configuration, development, documentation and testing of technology solutions to meet business or technology requirements. Evaluation of existing technology solutions to determine fit for purpose for the new business or technology requirements. Recommendation of technology alternatives. Collaboration with other individuals to ensure proper integration of the new technology solution with the existing technology solutions.
* Analysis of end user's needs, business, and technology requirements. Translation of these requirements into technology solution capabilities and design. Alternatively, using the user needs, business and technology knowledge to peer review designs, implementation plans, software code, configuration settings or other artifacts to ensure technology solution being created by others meets the user needs, business and technology requirements.
* Provides support toward resolution of escalated support tickets. May perform the needed analysis to identify root cause of reported incidents, identify the short and long term remediation for the identified incidents
Required Skills, Competencies, Education and Experience:
* Be available for 24X7 coverage for SharePoint application support when needed.
* Be available for assignment for 24X7 scheduled coverage SharePoint application outages.
* Be able to obtain Amazon Web Services (AWS) certification
* Bachelor's degree in Engineering, Computer Science, Mathematics, Information Technology, Computer Engineering or Information Sciences.
* Typically requires 3 or more years of work experience in SharePoint application development. Without a degree must have at least 7 years of work experience in SharePoint application development
* Technical and functional experience in the development and support of IT systems.
* Knowledgeable in one or more of the following technologies: .NET, FileNet, WebLogic, Oracle Application Server, IIS, Tomcat, MSSQL, Oracle SQL, OSI PI, IBM WebSphere
* Demonstrated technology solution ownership and adoption, projects or other work experiences.
* Participates in analysis of end-user needs and designs. May configure, develop and test low to medium complexity technology solutions to satisfy demand. Gathers information to aid build versus buy analysis for business demand.
* Partners with business analysts to translate business requirements to technology solution requirements of mostly low complexity technology solutions.
* Demonstrated track record of implementing technology solutions using structured methodologies such as agile (SCRUM, Kanban etc.) and waterfall.
Desired Skills, Competencies, Education and Experience:
* Ability to independently create SharePoint sites, lists, web parts, permissions and complex forms.
* Knowledge in SharePoint Designer workflow and InfoPath customization
* Well verse with analyzing existing SharePoint site/workflow and suggest improvements for automation and user experience
* Working knowledge of methods to connect external data sources to SharePoint lists (MS Access, etc.) to automate data feeds
* Relevant experience working with SharePoint and SharePoint online,
* Experience in SharePoint online, Content query web parts, Server-side object model, Client side object model, and Web services
* Experience in custom application development in SharePoint leveraging Server Object Model
* Experience in automating SharePoint API using PowerShell
* Experience in customization and configuration of Web Parts, Master Pages, Managed Metadata, Content Types, Site Columns, List/Site Templates, and Site Definitions
* Experience in Power Shell scripting
* Experience in Content query web parts, Server-side object model, Client side object model, Web services, workflows
* Experience documenting technical solutions or business and system process flow techniques using applicable methods such as engineering drawings, UML (e.g. Use Case Diagrams, Activity Diagrams, Entity Relationship Diagrams) etc.
* Ability to create both technical and non-technical end-user documentation.
* Ability to work independently and multi-task effectively.
* Demonstrated understanding of projects from the perspective of client/user, business, cyber security and technology day to day operations.
* Flexible and willing to accept a change in priorities as necessary.
* Strong analytical ability and attention to detail.
* Excellent problem solving skills.
* Ability to learn new business and technical concepts.
* Strong oral and written communication skills,
* Good facilitation skills,
* Strong judgment and management skills,
* Leadership, technical teamwork and interpersonal skills,
* Ability to foster working relationships with the team, IT Management and Client departments,
* Understanding of technology architecture, technology platforms and ability to explain technical concepts to the business users in the context of business requirements.
* Ability to define metrics that measure success of the technology solution in addressing business and technical requirements as well as achieving the desired outcomes.
* Working knowledge of specific area including business process configuration and execution for assigned domains.
* PSEG will not offer visa sponsorship in connection with these positions.
As an employee of PSE&G or PSEG Long Island, you should be aware that during storm restoration efforts, you may be required to perform functions outside of your routine duties and on a schedule that may be different from normal operations.
This site (http://www.pseg.com) is strictly for candidates who are not currently PSEG employees. PSEG employees must apply for jobs internally through empower which can be accessed through the mypseg homepage by clicking on the employee center tab, then under the empower header, choose careers.
Business needs may cause PSEG to cancel or delay filling position at any time during the selection process.
Certain positions at the Company may require you to have access to Part 810-Controlled Information. Under the law, the Company is limited in who it can share this information with and in certain circumstances it is necessary to obtain specific authorization before the Company can share this information. Accordingly, if the position does require access to this information, you must complete a 10 CFR Part 810 Export Control Compliance Nationality Request Form, a copy of which will be provided to you by Talent Acquisition if an offer is made. If there is a need for specific authorization, due to the time it takes to obtain authorization from the government, we will likely not be able to further proceed with an offer.
Public Service Enterprise Group (PSEG) is an equal opportunity employer, dedicated to a policy of non-discrimination in employment, including the hiring process, based on any legal protected characteristic. Legally protected characteristics included, race, color, religion, national origin, sex, age, marital status, sexual orientation, disability, or veteran status or any other characteristic protected by federal, state, or local law in locations where PSEG employs individuals.
Need to request an accommodation?
If you have a disability and need assistance submitting your resume, applying for a position or registering for a test, please call 973-430-3845. Any information provided regarding a disability will be kept strictly confidential and will not be shared with anyone involved in making a hiring decision.
Nearest Major Market: Newark
Nearest Secondary Market: New York City
Job Segment: Developer, Engineer, Software Engineer, Database, Oracle, Technology, Engineering
About Public Service Enterprise Group
Public Service Enterprise Group is a publicly traded diversified energy company.