Jpmorgan Chase & Co.
Technology Operations Engineer
Req #: 190029852
Location: Lewisville, TX, US
Job Category: Technology
As a member of our Technology Operations team, your initiative and creative problem-solving will help propel global innovation in technology and business. Working with a team of motivated collaborators, you'll develop and implement strategic technology solutions, ensuring the successful integration of network system and applications servers into existing and new technology infrastructures. You'll play a key role in the care and support of customers, including proactive incident monitoring. In addition to valuable on-the-job experience, you'll receive coaching, mentorship and a host of other development opportunities to advance your career at the firm and beyond.
In this role you will be expected to act as a primary customer interface for day-to-day issues and queries around the ESX estate and VMware offerings. You are responsible for coaching and mentoring less experienced team members as well as leading root cause analysis meetings as part of process and environment improvements. You will also be working closely with peer teams to deliver high availability and optimum performance for our customers.
Our Global Technology Infrastructure group is a team of innovators who love technology as much as you do. Together, you'll use a disciplined, innovative and a business focused approach to develop a wide variety of high-quality products and solutions. You'll work in a stable, resilient and secure operating environment where you-and the products you deliver-will thrive.
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 20 technology centers worldwide, our team of 50,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $10B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will are transforming the financial services industry.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
* BS/BA degree or equivalent experience
* Advanced infrastructure project, operations systems and data analytics knowledge
* Ability to identify problems, troubleshoot and deliver strategic solutions to clients
* Genuine interest in continuous feedback, learning and growth opportunities
* Effective collaboration and communication to achieve common goals and maintain a company standard of excellence
* Expertise in product and infrastructure support
* Knowledge of risk and controls landscape, ensuring company-wide standards are met
* Executes within a customer-centric environment
* Enterprise class experience as a VMware ESXi system administrator in a large scale high availability environment
* Experience administering CISCO Unified Computing System (UCS) is a plus
* Advanced understanding of Unix, Linux, and Microsoft Windows
* Be familiar with the VMware vCOPS and vROPS toolsets
* Proficient with Python and/or PowerShell
* 1st Shift: 10:30AM (CST) to 7:30PM (CST), Tuesday - Saturday
* Position is located in Lewisville, TX
About Jpmorgan Chase & Co.
JP Morgan Chase is a financial services provider that offers investment banking, asset management, treasury, and other services.