Partners Data Systems
Req ID: 30183
Other Location(s): Irvine (CA); San Antonio (TX)
Experience Level: Professional
Travel Required: a. Up to 25%
Hiring Manager: Simon Mah
At Capital, we're committed to providing you with opportunities to broaden and deepen your knowledge and skills, and to grow personally, professionally and financially. If you're interested in continuing to Grow with Capital by pursuing a new role, please review the job description below to determine if this opportunity might be right for you.
For additional information about how you can develop your career at Capital, please visit Grow with Capital.
As a Technology Engineer, you will directly contribute to the stability, integrity, and smooth operation of enterprise video and Unified Communications systems. You will work closely with senior engineers and team members to assist in the engineering of video solutions.
* Participates in test planning and test execution of enterprise video applications and projects.
* Captures and monitors video quality against operating baselines (e.g. performance and capacity)
* Maintains continued solution quality by developing or recommending operational stability enhancements to the video infrastructure.
* Extends code, fix low impact bugs and independently works within an existing structure.
* Automates manual processes through the use of standard tools (Cisco Prime, ).
* Articulates the components of the solution and how the components interoperate at the low-level.
* Suggests metrics (capacity, performance…) to maintain the health of a solution.
* Demonstrates product level understanding of key product trends, defect management and product lifecycle.
* Contributes to proper root cause analysis to mitigate recurrence of issue.
* Assesses inter-dependent technology domains and possible impact.
* Utilizes mature investigative approaches such as: chronology, correlation, knowledge of limitations of current version to troubleshoot to perform root cause analyses.
* Performs security reviews to assess gaps in security posture.
* Participates in and may recommend continuous Improvement and operations excellence efforts Collects and reports incident trends to help prioritize improvement opportunities.
* Adheres to rigorous release and change management processes.
* 5+ years of experience in the following Cisco Unified Communications Products:
Cisco Unified Communications Manager 11.x, Cisco Telepresence Server, Cisco Meeting Server 2.x, VCS(E), TMS, WebEx, Jabber 11.x and Cisco WebEx Board.
* Strong knowledge of Session Initiation Protocol (SIP), H.323 and H.26x codecs
* Good understanding and experience with hosted and managed video service providers
* Good knowledge of enterprise video topology and QoS
* Experience with video monitoring tools and utilization reporting
* Experience with cloud based video streaming technologies (Qumu, Zoom and iStream) a plus
* Develop technical procedures (equipment configuration) for testing and implementation of design changes
* Have worked regularly with facilities, office services, architecture design, and construction teams
* Create technical documentation and diagrams using Microsoft Visio, Excel, Word and PowerPoint
* Excellent presentation/verbal communication skills and the ability to train and mentor other team members
Founded in 1931, Capital Group is one of the world's largest and most trusted investment management companies and home to the American Funds. We manage more than US$1.7 trillion in assets, and our 7,500 associates make our clients their first priority every day. When we do our job right, millions of investors around the world fulfill their dreams and financial goals, from home ownership and higher education, to a comfortable retirement. Our long-term investment results and outstanding service set us apart from our competitors, while our workplace sets us apart from other employers.
We are an equal opportunity employer, which means we comply with all federal, state and local laws that prohibit discrimination when making all decisions about employment. As equal opportunity employers, our policies prohibit unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including gender and gender identity), pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, AIDS/HIV status, political activities or affiliations, military or veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, assault or stalking or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Nearest Major Market: Irvine California
Nearest Secondary Market: Los Angeles
Job Segment: Network, Developer, Cisco, Technology
About Partners Data Systems
Partners Data Systems is a company that provides storage and backup automation solutions.