Partners Data Systems
Req ID: 30132
Other Location(s): Irvine (CA)
Experience Level: Professional
Travel Required: a. Up to 25%
Hiring Manager: Simon Mah
At Capital, we're committed to providing you with opportunities to broaden and deepen your knowledge and skills, and to grow personally, professionally and financially. If you're interested in continuing to Grow with Capital by pursuing a new role, please review the job description below to determine if this opportunity might be right for you.
For additional information about how you can develop your career at Capital, please visit Grow with Capital.
As a Technology Engineer III based in Irvine, you will plan, create, and drive the establishment of unified communications (UC) platforms that advance and support CG's business processes. The Technology Engineer translates complex business requirements and works across technical disciplines and cross-functional teams to provide robust, interoperable, redundant, scalable and enterprise ready solutions.
* Drives unified communications (UC) design projects and initiatives.
* Makes directional UC recommendations that factor in capability, cost/benefit and risks.
* Designs and creates new infrastructure components and integrations that facilitate and drive operational efficiency
* Automates repetitive tasks (service provisioning, MACD)
* Contributes to overall UC standards, engineering specifications and configurations for enterprise communication and collaboration.
* Creates documentation and procedures necessary to provision and manage performance and capacity. Defines operational parameters and events for ops leads.
* Proactively researches and identifies new UC technologies
* Engages peers in technical dialog considering new ideas and applicability to CG environment.
* Responds to complex UC incident and problem escalations as necessary; performing advanced analysis and troubleshooting; determines root cause to facilitate resolution.
* Understands architectural concepts and can create design artifacts (detailed diagrams and documentation) for engineering and operational peers.
* 7+ years of experience in the following Cisco Unified Communications Products:
Unified Communications Manager 11.x, WebEx T33.x and Jabber 11.x
* Strong knowledge of UC ecosystem applications: Unity Connection, CER, voice gateways and session border controllers
* Some experience with Oracle ACME, Cisco Telepresence Server, Cisco Meeting Server 2.x, VCS(E), and WebEx Board a plus
* Automation scripting skills (Python, Ansible) a plus
* Good understanding and experience with voice and video SaaS providers
* Good working knowledge of UC topology and QoS
* Experience with UC monitoring tools and utilization reporting
* Develop technical procedures (equipment configuration) for testing and implementation of design changes
* Have worked regularly with client, mobile, architecture and AV teams
* Create technical documentation and diagrams using Microsoft Visio, Excel, Word and PowerPoint
* Excellent presentation/verbal communication skills and the ability to train and mentor other team members
Founded in 1931, Capital Group is one of the world's largest and most trusted investment management companies and home to the American Funds. We manage more than US$1.7 trillion in assets, and our 7,500 associates make our clients their first priority every day. When we do our job right, millions of investors around the world fulfill their dreams and financial goals, from home ownership and higher education, to a comfortable retirement. Our long-term investment results and outstanding service set us apart from our competitors, while our workplace sets us apart from other employers.
We are an equal opportunity employer, which means we comply with all federal, state and local laws that prohibit discrimination when making all decisions about employment. As equal opportunity employers, our policies prohibit unlawful discrimination on the basis of race, religion, color, national origin, ancestry, sex (including gender and gender identity), pregnancy, childbirth and related medical conditions, age, physical or mental disability, medical condition, genetic information, marital status, sexual orientation, citizenship status, AIDS/HIV status, political activities or affiliations, military or veteran status, status as a victim of domestic violence, assault or stalking or any other characteristic protected by federal, state or local law.
Nearest Major Market: Irvine California
Nearest Secondary Market: Los Angeles
Job Segment: Network, Oracle, Database, Developer, ERP, Technology
About Partners Data Systems
Partners Data Systems is a company that provides storage and backup automation solutions.