Worldpay is making payments smarter, faster and easier for all our partners, as well as the consumers they serve. From the largest retailers in the U.S. to the coffee shop down the street, we are leading the transformation in payments through chip-enabled cards, mobile wallets, eCommerce, and payment solutions for businesses of all sizes. We are the fastest growing payments company in the U.S. and the number one merchant acquirer. Visit Worldpay.com for more.
Worldpay's growth is due in large part to our highly-sophisticated products and services. By offering some of the most advanced and user-friendly payments processing options available, we can continue our growth by beating our competitors. Enter the need for skilled Engineers who can build the tools we need to continually improve upon our product offerings. From software to technical architecture and more, investing in our team of engineers is investing in our future.
The Technology Leader works on projects where he/she will play an active role in building high performance teams and continuously deliver value to the business. A technical leader, , he/she will work on the planning, designing and implementation of enhancements for our current offerings. He/she will also work with cross-functional teams to build software solutions for current issues or to incorporate advancements in technology. Always searching to continuously improve Worldpay's catalog of products and services, we will create and maintain stable, reliable systems for our clients and partners.
Rewarding Impact. Fulfilling Careers.
Making an impact isn't something reserved for people in corner offices. At Worldpay, it comes from people in every corner of the office. People with ambition, optimism and courage. We provide growth and opportunity and give employees flexibility in how they get the job done. You might not expect that from a big payments company, but we're smart enough to know how to hire the best and when to step aside and let them lead. Our goal is that you never stop learning and you never cease to amaze--especially yourself. If this fits your career goal, we can't wait to welcome you on board.
* Directs the activities of a software systems development function, software applications development function, and a software quality assurance function for software enhancements and new products.
* Maintains a strong and high performant team and provides them with technical leadership and guidance.
* Works on issues where analysis of situations or data requires an in-depth knowledge of project objectives.
* Establishes and assures adherence to budgets, schedules, work plans and performance requirements.
* Monitor team's progress daily while helping to mitigate or resolve risks and road blocks.
* Manages activities of a development initiative.
* Work with product and other stakeholders to define success criteria and establish priorities.
* Own project timelines and deliverables.
* Mentors and grows individual contributors establishing measurable goals and following up with actionable feedback.
* Hold your own in technical discussion and be a subject matter expert.
* Coordinate and communicate with cross-functional teams.
* 7+ years of professional experience developing software with significant scale using a modern application stack
* 3+ years as a hiring manager and direct people manager
* A passion for mentoring your team
* Great communication and presentation skills
* Experience with a modern application stack
* Experience working with relational databases
* Experience managing a highly available application, including performance, resilience, monitoring, and scale
* Strong problem solving ability
* Experience managing a mature Agile Software Development Life Cycle
Nice to Haves:
* Agile Development at Scale
* Experience working with geographically distributed teams
* Experience presenting to large groups
* Experience leading teams in fast growing environment
All the above duties and responsibilities are essential job functions for which reasonable accommodation will be made. All job requirements listed indicate the minimum level of knowledge, skills and/or ability deemed necessary to perform the job proficiently. This position description is not to be construed as an exhaustive statement of duties, responsibilities or requirements. Employees may be required to perform any other job-related instructions as requested by their leader, subject to reasonable accommodation.