Technology Innovation Consultant, Technology & Delivery Excellence, AstraZeneca IT
Career Level - GCL F
As the Innovation Consultant you will play a key role with the Technology Innovation team who are focussed on enabling the identification, rapid assessment, implementation and adoption of new technologies and novel ideas to build business benefit. Partnering closely with IT & the business the Innovation Consultant will drive the discovery, evaluation, proving & realisation of new and emerging technology solutions into AZ.
This role is part technology and data scouting, part internal consultant, and part hands-on practitioner. We are looking for someone who combines practical skills and experience working with data, with strategic "big picture" outlook that can be applied to solving a wide scope of problems and to selecting those with the greatest potential. You will understand the current and future needs of our partners, evaluate new trends and companies and identify potential partners, and connect domain authorities and stakeholders across Science, Operations and Commercial concerning new data tools, approaches or problems. You will help to craft and deliver high impact proof-of-concept projects that contribute demonstrate value both directly, and in terms of learning outcomes to shape future development and approaches.
If you have a passion to transform the way medicines are developed, supported & delivered or simply want to help support a digital transformation in the experience of patients through the adoption of innovative new technologies, we'd like to hear from you.
* You will champion and drive the Innovation process to ensure that the appropriate systems and culture is in place to facilitate company-wide innovation.
* We would like you to drive innovation process working closely with the Emerging Technology Labs, Architecture and Engineering teams.
* Prioritised and agreed portfolio of innovation with Customer Facing IT & Business Stakeholders to ultimately realise the Innovation ideas in practice.
* You will secure future investment in the form of funded projects to realise our innovation discovery and evaluation efforts into practice, ultimately driving adoption at an enterprise level.
* Co-ordinate workshops and innovation hackathons between business & IT to enable rapid development of prototypes from our UK & SSF lab teams and explore the "art of the possible"
* Propose and lead meaningful and innovative POCs that contribute both tangible and/or learning value to AZ and deliver these within the business
Experience, Skills and Competencies
* Strong knowledge understanding of trends in key emerging technologies for a Pharmaceutical company.
* Good communication and presentation skills and ability to engage different audiences, including those with deep technical and scientific skills
* Validated experience of implementing new technologies into service operations
* Essential to demonstrate consulting, advisory or professional services experience
* Business Case creation and evidence of achieving successful associated approvals.
* Strong partner influencing skills in the space of new technology adoption.
* Passionate to communicate the latest trends & developments in the technology landscape
* Commercial/value driven mindset to be able to articulate benefit from innovation opportunities.
* Deep understanding of business and IT value chain, to enable the mapping of opportunities to suitable use cases
* Ability to work in common cloud environments (AWS, Google Cloud, Azure).
* Advanced Degree in Computer Science or related discipline
* Experience of working in the Life Science Industry sector is a benefit
* Industry relevant expertise of working with the latest emerging technologies (AI/ML/Automation/Advanced Analytics/AR&VR/Collaboration & Digital Workplace….)
* AGILE/Project/ITIL certifications will be an added advantage
AZ Hub Sites
Apply now to learn more about this exciting opportunity with a world renowned pharmaceutical brand!
AstraZeneca is an equal opportunity employer. AstraZeneca will consider all qualified applicants for employment without discrimination on grounds of disability, sex or sexual orientation, pregnancy or maternity leave status, race or national or ethnic origin, age, religion or belief, gender identity or re-assignment, marital or civil partnership status, protected veteran status (if applicable) or any other characteristic protected by law.
AstraZeneca is a global science-led biopharmaceutical company specializing in the discovery, development, manufacturing, and marketing of prescription medicines.