Job Specific Description
Technology Business Analyst / Project Manager supporting projects that deliver on operational, regulatory, business, and risk management priorities for the Global Custody and Agency Services (GCAS) business. The applicant's responsibilities will include business analysis, project management and application management as described below.
* Work with a great degree of independence, partnering with business, risk and operations stakeholders to acquire a deep understanding of the issue and the processes that surround it.
* Lead discussions that distill what is needed from preconceptions on how it could be done
* Concisely document requirements as is appropriate to the scope of the effort / development methodology (BRDs, JIRAs, stories)
* Leverage business and functional knowledge of the financial services to solve problems through proposals developed in close partnership with internal development teams and vendors.
* Once business requirements have been defined and technical design finalized, the candidate will build a QA test plan including testing strategy and approach.
* Analyze test output and secure sign-offs for final software application implementation.
* Work with GCAS technology managers & development leads to set the delivery schedule, manage the resource plan and agree messaging on expectations
* Actively manages the work efforts of multiple functional resources through the project plan; monitor project performance to maintain the quality of services, deliverables, and content.
* Manages project risk through comprehensive mitigation assessment and planning techniques.
* Structure & manage effective meetings with stakeholders at all levels
* Manage expectations of stakeholders as per the capabilities, capacities and constraints faced by the development team & other dependencies (infrastructure, vendors, cross-project)
* Maintain a clear, concise view of issues, risks, dependencies & milestones
* Prepare status documentation for stakeholders and senior management.
* Manage all required application governance routines for one or more applications within the supported technology platform.
* Responsibilities include: Application Inventory record maintenance and certification, Technical Recovery Plans, Disaster Recovery Tests, Application security assessments and remediation, Entitlement definition reviews, Application level access reviews, Hardware replacements and Application upgrades.
* Education Requirement: Bachelor's degree or foreign equivalent in Business Administration, Management Information Science, Finance, or related.
* Experience Requirement: 7+ years of experience in financial services with specific exposure to custody and agency services in a similar role
* Ownership - individual prefers and has a successful track record in working independently to move a project from initiation / scoping through to post implementation reviews
* Expectations management - individual has a demonstrated track record in successfully managing stakeholder expectations
* The resource should be fluent in working with end to end systems flow and business processes
* Ability to understand and absorb business and technology concepts quickly.
* Experience with business analysis and data analysis
* Experience with tools/applications like JIRA and Quality Center
* Excellent communication, problem solving skills & ability to handle multiple projects simultaneously.
* Experience with relational databases, SQL, and MS Office Suite
* Experience working with Business, Risk, Change management and/or Operations teams
* Experience working with traditional and agile methodologies for application development
* Experience with FIS Global Plus or similar applications
Posting Date: 06/21/2019
Location: New York, NY, 250 VESEY ST (NY3004), - United States
Full / Part-time: Full time
Hours Per Week: 40
Shift: 1st shift