Technology Asset Management Engineer I
Req #: 190047470
Location: Totowa, NJ, US
Job Category: Technology
Our Global Technology Infrastructure group is a team of innovators who love technology as much as you do. Together, you'll use a disciplined, innovative and a business focused approach to develop a wide variety of high-quality products and solutions. You'll work in a stable, resilient and secure operating environment where you-and the products you deliver-will thrive.
Launch your career in Technology Operations and put your creative problem solving into action, delivering solutions that shape the future of global business. You'll work directly with clients to Build strong customer relationships and problem-solve technical issues to make businesses more productive. Alongside a motivated team of fellow analysts, supervisors and stakeholders, you'll develop innovative solutions to troubleshoot and resolve issues while accurately diagnosing problems and providing effective user support. Finally, your strong technology background will ensure that the security and standards of our commitment to excellence are met. And because professional development is a key component of our culture, you'll receive coaching, mentoring - and a host of other development opportunities - alongside your invaluable on-the-job experience.
As a Technology Asset Management Engineer I, you will work within a fast paced critical technology environment, following detailed processes and procedures, insuring the safety of the firms' technology assets and data. You will be part of a team that manages media and asset management functions internally and externally to Data Center Services. Your duties include: validating incoming assets for deployment, document incoming and outgoing assets and parts via inventory control systems, process outgoing and incoming assets via multiple couriers, validate and coordinate shipping of assets, manage asset disposals and media destruction events, and perform transfers of technology between sites.
This role requires a wide variety of strengths and capabilities, including:
* Ability to identify problems and clearly communicate strategic solutions to clients
* Desire to develop a working knowledge of change management, corporate IT audit processes, IT risk management, technical problem resolution, operations systems and data sources knowledge
* Strong initiative and desire to learn
* Able to effectively collaborate with team members and clients to achieve common goals
* Good knowledge of Windows/MAC OS with the ability to carry out root cause analysis
* Working knowledge of Microsoft Office products
* Strong analytical and problem resolution skills
* Understanding of asset management and logistics environment concepts
* Ability to support frequent standing, walking, pushing, pulling, bending, reaching, and lifting up to 50lbs
* Willingness for occasional travel between sites within the metro area
When you work at JPMorgan Chase & Co., you're not just working at a global financial institution. You're an integral part of one of the world's biggest tech companies. In 20 technology centers worldwide, our team of 50,000 technologists design, build and deploy everything from enterprise technology initiatives to big data and mobile solutions, as well as innovations in electronic payments, cybersecurity, machine learning, and cloud development. Our $10B+ annual investment in technology enables us to hire people to create innovative solutions that will are transforming the financial services industry.
At JPMorgan Chase & Co. we value the unique skills of every employee, and we're building a technology organization that thrives on diversity. We encourage professional growth and career development, and offer competitive benefits and compensation. If you're looking to build your career as part of a global technology team tackling big challenges that impact the lives of people and companies all around the world, we want to meet you.
About JPMorgan Chase
JP Morgan Chase is a financial services provider that offers investment banking, asset management, treasury, and other services.